New elf or dwarf party members

danscott84

There have been several mods that add companions to your party, like Ser Gilmore. However, my elf and dwarf characters feel left out. Their only options for like companions are a horny elf or a drunken dwarf. I don't care if they have romance options or what gender. I saw on Bioware someone had started a project like this, but looks abandoned. I would do this myself, but quite frankly it's beyond my skillset.

I use that mod with some of the characters modded out to look and sound like different characters of other races/genders.

I had that problem too, with the character screen. It turned out that after I downgraded to an earlier version of All can Learn, it seemed to right itself.

Now, I will also mention that you will want to mod your npc's BEFORE recruiting them. Theres cases where the game will not retranslate them correctly if you mod them after you've recruited them, as the game won't change their base models. For example.... I modded king Cailen out to be Ser Cauthrien. In my new game, s/he works perfectly. In the game where I had already recruited him/her s/he looks like a male body with a female head.

I'm not sure if the console command for changing their appearance would work or not in that situation. For instance, turning them into an elf, then changing the character back to human. I havent tried it out, cause I havent played in like... a month and a half, lol.

Edit- you can also do this with vanilla npc's by changing their morph to use a head/face of another race, then using the console command to change their appearance to that of anther race.

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=166075

Edit2- you can change the mod's character's voiceovers by changing their ss_ filenames to something else, in the toolset. BUT- DON'T do this with the vanilla characters, as it could seriously botch their dialogs.