Hopes for future expansions

Lehcar

What are things you hope will happen, changes, things that will be added to the story of Dragon Age in future expansions? Thoughts, ideas?

I really hope the next expansion takes place somewhere other than Ferelden. Really, in comparison to the rest of Thedas, Ferelden is a really small and insignificant and not very powerful nation, and honestly I'm bored of it and want another land to explore. I'm thinking Orlais, or probably the Anderfels. Or maybe even the Tevinter Imperium. But I think the Anderfels hold the best prospects for a new story... maybe open the story with The Warden getting called away to Weisshaupt to face some new threat? Or something like that?

I'm also kind of wishing/hoping something more will be done with the dwarven race. I feel so bad for all the dwarves, how they suffered the brunt of the First Blight and their empire was toppled, how their race was brought to the edge of extinction and continues to decline, and how much crap they still have suffer every day because of those damned monsters. I'm kind of hoping they'll do something like, reveal that one of the other dwarf cities besides Kal-Sharok also miraculously survived, either Gundaar or Hormak. And that even though the dwarves there are still pissed about their brethren in Orzammar forsaking them, giving them up for dead and sealing off the connecting tunnels, they managed to keep a stronghold and successfully fend off the darkspawn for over 1000 years, and they thrived on their own, and their culture and society evolved and became very different from that of Orzammar.

I also really, really, REALLY hope we'll be seeing Morrigan and that demon baby again. (she did say she was planning on raising it the wilderness hermit style, like her mom raised her.)

Lol... that's just my idea. More brainstorming later.

What are things you hope will happen, changes, things that will be added to the story of Dragon Age in future expansions? Thoughts, ideas?

I really hope the next expansion takes place somewhere other than Ferelden. Really, in comparison to the rest of Thedas, Ferelden is a really small and insignificant and not very powerful nation, and honestly I'm bored of it and want another land to explore. I'm thinking Orlais, or probably the Anderfels. Or maybe even the Tevinter Imperium. But I think the Anderfels hold the best prospects for a new story... maybe open the story with The Warden getting called away to Weisshaupt to face some new threat? Or something like that?

I'm also kind of wishing/hoping something more will be done with the dwarven race. I feel so bad for all the dwarves, how they suffered the brunt of the First Blight and their empire was toppled, how their race was brought to the edge of extinction and continues to decline, and how much crap they still have suffer every day because of those damned monsters. I'm kind of hoping they'll do something like, reveal that one of the other dwarf cities besides Kal-Sharok also miraculously survived, either Gundaar or Hormak. And that even though the dwarves there are still pissed about their brethren in Orzammar forsaking them, giving them up for dead and sealing off the connecting tunnels, they managed to keep a stronghold and successfully fend off the darkspawn for over 1000 years, and they thrived on their own, and their culture and society evolved and became very different from that of Orzammar.

I also really, really, REALLY hope we'll be seeing Morrigan and that demon baby again. (she did say she was planning on raising it the wilderness hermit style, like her mom raised her.)

Lol... that's just my idea. More brainstorming later.

Personalised story/villain a la Baldur's Gate 2...

Awesome thread!

I agree that I want the next game to take place outside of Ferelden and its garbage smell! I want it to be somewhere beautiful where not everything is cream, tan & brown no matter where you go. But I really do not want to go to Weisshaupt just yet ... maybe DA:O 3 :X I want to save that place and let it be something really special and massive for when you do, finally, get called there.

And there is no doubt we will be seeing more of the dwarfs, possibly from the 2nd dwarven kingdom? Besides, I take it the DA people have a thing for dwarfs considering that is not only the longest and best origin stories but also the longest and most in depth part of the main quest. Dear god I get sick of dwarfs by the time I'm done with that! (I still want a mod that lets me skip the annoying Jarvia part of that quest, b/c I like the deep roads!) And not to mention how many different kinds of 2 handed weapons there are in the game, I swear there are way more of them than swords or bows ... or maybe it is just b/c I do not like 2 handed weapons and associate them with dwarfs so therefore when I see the buttload of 'special' two-handed swords I get all grumpy!

My main hope for any new game is that they do not forsake our Origins companions :sad: Please, please, please x 100000000 do not forsake them like you did in Awakening!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to see them all, sans Wynne -she should be dead by then-, in future games. And if not all then at least most and then maybe the rest in the 3rd game ... what!? I'm totally seeing this as going to DA 2, 3 4 .. etc :X And at least the 2nd one should incorporate our original characters and companions!

Also at some point I would like to see more about Sten and his countrymen, especially since he clearly states they will be invading Ferelden at some point. So it would be really awesome to deal with that in a future game at some point.

On a side note ... in most of my endings it says someone fitting Morrigan's description inserted herself in the court of some Orlais noble woman ... so hmm, be amazing to have the game take you there with Leliana! :O

Awesome thread!

I agree that I want the next game to take place outside of Ferelden and its garbage smell! I want it to be somewhere beautiful where not everything is cream, tan & brown no matter where you go. But I really do not want to go to Weisshaupt just yet ... maybe DA:O 3 :X I want to save that place and let it be something really special and massive for when you do, finally, get called there.

And there is no doubt we will be seeing more of the dwarfs, possibly from the 2nd dwarven kingdom? Besides, I take it the DA people have a thing for dwarfs considering that is not only the longest and best origin stories but also the longest and most in depth part of the main quest. Dear god I get sick of dwarfs by the time I'm done with that! (I still want a mod that lets me skip the annoying Jarvia part of that quest, b/c I like the deep roads!) And not to mention how many different kinds of 2 handed weapons there are in the game, I swear there are way more of them than swords or bows ... or maybe it is just b/c I do not like 2 handed weapons and associate them with dwarfs so therefore when I see the buttload of 'special' two-handed swords I get all grumpy!

My main hope for any new game is that they do not forsake our Origins companions :sad: Please, please, please x 100000000 do not forsake them like you did in Awakening!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to see them all, sans Wynne -she should be dead by then-, in future games. And if not all then at least most and then maybe the rest in the 3rd game ... what!? I'm totally seeing this as going to DA 2, 3 4 .. etc :X And at least the 2nd one should incorporate our original characters and companions!

Also at some point I would like to see more about Sten and his countrymen, especially since he clearly states they will be invading Ferelden at some point. So it would be really awesome to deal with that in a future game at some point.

On a side note ... in most of my endings it says someone fitting Morrigan's description inserted herself in the court of some Orlais noble woman ... so hmm, be amazing to have the game take you there with Leliana! :O

Maybe where he is forced to choose between his debt to you and his people...

Well I think if Sten had to choose he would always pick his people! And there is no doubt in my mind that entire thing would end with me facing Sten on the battlefield. LMAO, I so see an epic cutscene of the two of us with him doing a little like ... I dunno do Quari bow? LOL, but a little bow to each other then BAM fight to the dealth! WOO! lololol!

I would love to see the future with more blood, guts, and maybe an onscreen companion death or two. I see how people get wrapped up in their companions, and understand that, but the reality of war should be driven home with a sledgehammer of watching someone like say, I don't know Alistair take a DS ballista bolt through the plate, and/or Wynne cast such a huge healing spell that her life forces are literally eaten up by it, leaving behind nothing but a pile of ash.

I would also like more travel options, like hit other countries, cause with the end of the blight in the first nation, there is no limit that states the next blight has to wait another few centuries.

Last but certainly not least, I would absolutely ADORE the dev that manned up and said "Ok, we tempted them with Gryphons, GRYPHONS! Now put them in the game before they lynch us with homemade pitchforks and torches."

You know, I was actually super super super disappointed when I finished the game the first time for the simple fact non of my companions were seriously dead. I don't remember for 100% but I think the first time I brought Alistair, Morrigan & Leliana with me and both the girls died. Now I get that Morrigan had to sneak off with her Alistair baby but man I was disappointed to see Leliana standing there after the ceremony! She was dead! Why was she standing there talking to me? I think it would have been so amazing, epic and real if in the final battle you died and stayed dead.

I also agree with the travel options, and hopefully they won't have the game set in Ferelden but it would be cool to be able to travel back for a few quests or something.

roninsoul7,

oooh, that idea about blights, what if in the next game you hear about the location of one of the remaining old gods and it's a race to beat the darkspawn there and kill it before the darkspawn get to it?