What are people's opinions on Morrigan?

SpellAndShield

And she's going to turn the kid into an unloving, uncompassionate, evil, distant, cold, impatient little pr*ck like her, to hate society and hate people and have zero social skills. And she's a skank. Not mother material in the least, kid would be safer with Warden cause he knows how to wield a sword. And he's a nice boy.

Kids need nuturing. She is not the least in nurturing and therfore she's about the least deserving of motherhood of every person in the world.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And she's going to turn the kid into an unloving, uncompassionate, evil, distant, cold, impatient little pr*ck like her, to hate society and hate people and have zero social skills. And she's a skank. Not mother material in the least, kid would be safer with Warden cause he knows how to wield a sword. And he's a nice boy.

Kids need nuturing. She is not the least in nurturing and therfore she's about the least deserving of motherhood of every person in the world.

I facepalm'd irl reading this. At the time of the decision of having the child,Morrigan is in better chances of keeping the child safe and has no ties to stop her from doing so. In Awakening you have your Grey Warden duties holding you down in the governance in Ameranthine,and a new darkspawn threat to deal with. I'm sorry to say this,but while I agree the child might not be social lite,he will not be babied and realize reality. I'm not sure if you haven't noticed but reality itself is a cold and evil thing at times. Being a fool and bliss to it is not good in the dangerous times they live in.

What I want to know is how she's a skank? Last I checked she didn't go off sleeping with everyone in my camp,so I don't see why you call her one. You also can't say she's unloving and in-compassionate as she show's that she's able to be both of those.It has been stated many times that she's just unexperienced in how to show her feelings in a way not make her look weak or a fool.She is a realist,she see's things what they truly are.

While it's not perfect to be brought up on such tough love and realistic view and few times to see the illusions,you can't say babying and other such is better as each have their flaws and I think we can all agree that through out some really good literature that the greatest characters are flawed.

To sum up my opinion of her is that she's a person like everyone else,but different and because she's different a lot of people see her as a bad person when she really is not one at all. You just need to see things in the different light,and seeing things her ways at time is not bad so you can capture the whole scope of things. Please don't be narrowed minded to other's views,being an amateur historian and RTS player has taught me well this lesson of scopes. Morrigan is easily one of or even the favorite character in DA:O.

A side note romancing with her is like the song Communication Breakdown-Led Zeppelin.

You still fail to make her seem a suitable mother, which by the way, she is not.

Warden would be safer leaving the kid with a caregiver or something. Ever think of that? Lord Aeducan could leave it with Harrowmont or Bhelen in Orzammar, Dwarf Commoner could leave it with his mom or sister Rica, Human Noble could leave it at Castle Cousland with nannies, City Elf could leave it with his family in the alienage, Dalish Elf could leave it with the trustworthy people of his clan.... much better than the kid growing up to hate everyone and the whole world and a swamp hermit teaching him/her how to pick up local ho's for a quick nooky and then kill them. Good grief.

And then when the whole darkspawn issue is truly finished and over with, he could return and be a good papa. Easy.

Or he could just give it to the Chantry. :thumbsup:

She would not be unsuitable as a Mother just because she will raise as she wills. She will obviously be able to care for it and that such,just because the way she raise her child doesn't make her unfit as a mother,she will not neglect it or leave it somewhere to die. Who said it will hate the whole world? it's painfully obvious this isn't how she views the world. I'm sorry to say that you need to go back and reanalyze her character as I think you have narrowed yourself on your views of her. To put it simply you might see her cruel and unforgivably,but she isn't, she's a realist in the sense she views the world for what it is in all it's coldness. As a jungle(sorta like Upton Sinclair's The Jungle) in that she is not like Jurgis and is not blinded and see's the true cold harshness of reality. Funnily enough Jurgis the blind gullible fool in The Jungle turned out to be the more unfit parent as his died. He eventually beaten down basically came to hate the world and himself and distrust Capitalism,it being funny how that turned out that being a fool at every turn makes things worst. If you want to talk about cruel it's cruel that people would do such things,but that's reality that's the truth and covering it up makes things worse.

Then why did she insist on being a single mother when she doesn't have a slightest clue as to how to care for another person, and actually raising a kid in such an environment as a freezing disease filled bog? Why does she insist on never letting the dad see is own kid and breaking the poor mans heart? Even if that man is her lover. wtf. That callous b*ch.

"MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST RUN OFF WITH YOUR BASTERD TO RAISE IT TO BE AN ANTISOCIAL STONE HEARTED WANGSTY LOVELESS MAN-HATING MANIPULATIVE LITTLE F*CKER LIKE FLEMETH AND ME, AND YOU CAN NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER SEE ME OR IT AGAIN BECAUSE THAT'S HOW MUCH OF A SOCIOPATH I AM!!! BYE BYE YOU WORTHLESS SUCKER, AND THANKS FOR YOUR D*CK, HO!!!!!!"

Well, I guess it's like they say... the apple never falls very far from the tree. :down:

Then why did she insist on being a single mother when she doesn't have a slightest clue as to how to care for another person, and actually raising a kid in such an environment as a freezing disease filled bog? Why does she insist on never letting the dad see is own kid and breaking the poor mans heart? Even if that man is her lover. wtf. That callous b*ch.

"MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST RUN OFF WITH YOUR BASTERD TO RAISE IT TO BE AN ANTISOCIAL STONE HEARTED WANGSTY LOVELESS MAN-HATING MANIPULATIVE LITTLE F*CKER LIKE FLEMETH AND ME, AND YOU CAN NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER SEE ME OR IT AGAIN BECAUSE THAT'S HOW MUCH OF A SOCIOPATH I AM!!! BYE BYE YOU WORTHLESS SUCKER, AND THANKS FOR YOUR D*CK, HO!!!!!!"

Well, I guess it's like they say... the apple never falls very far from the tree. :down:

Where does it say she goes back to a swamp? It says at the end in Origins that she was seen going west towards Orlais,and at the end of my Awakening I apparently went west to find her also. I am not aware of such official news that she did return to a swamp,although I'll admit there probably are swamps in Orlais also,but it dose not mean she went to one.She also finally admits her feelings for you,but her ways and inexperience has her in a weird position that she can't react and is confused. You act as if she isn't a human being,but she is a sentient person she can feel,but she can't handle them because how Flemeth raised her.You got me when it comes to really why not let the Warden find her,but it might have be because of your Grey Warden duties and more pressing matters. I can't really say what her reason was,but I hope find out sometime soon what she plans on doing.

Once Blight is truly over and The Mother is dead.... there are no more "Grey Warden duties". Except "staying vigilant". But he can still relax and have a normal life and keep a watch until he is needed again.

Once Blight is truly over and The Mother is dead.... there are no more "Grey Warden duties". Except "staying vigilant". But he can still relax and have a normal life and keep a watch until he is needed again.

Like I also said above at the time it is the better choice to let her do what she wants with the child,but later that's where the tracking her down part of the story I hope they introduce soon with the next game(or dlc maybe?) comes in.

Lehcar,

Aw, if you are playing as Lord Aeducan, and played the origin like I think you did, then he's got another child to worry about as well. :whistling: And Morrigan just saved you a bunch of political headache back in Orzammar. :tongue:

Huh? :confused:

Since you don't know how Morrigan will raise the child, isn't your analysis pure speculation? Morrigan is trying to preserve the soul of an Old God, it has value to her to save something against genocide. Once the other two Blights happen, no more Old Gods. I don't see why she shouldn't try to save an Old God from extinction. Considering that she's still an apostate and the country is full of mage-hating, ignorant people, why wouldn't she leave to a place she would be safe? Morrian is an apostate, raised by Flemeth to believe in survival of the fittest, and this is a typical elf-free, Chantry-loving, apostate-hating country that isn't safe for her. People aren't simply good or evil, and to ascribe Morrigan's actions as such ignores that she really has no reason to have sympathy for many of these people.

Morrigan is a pragmatist, not a man-hating black hat villain. She's helping the Warden save Ferelden. She argues for results that enpower the Warden. Her opinions tend to walk that line based on Flemeth's teachings. Do you think she's callous for her actions at Redcliffe or the Circle? Morrigan thinks the Warden should focus on the other treaties. Again, it's not something I'd do, but helping the villagers is a matter of defending the helpless, not aiding the Landsmeet. Her hatred of the Circle as an apostate is focused more on her life as a free mage looking at people living under the iron grip of the Chantry and Templars. Uldred's revolt illustrates that many mages saw it as nothing more than a prison, and the issue with runaway mages getting killed if they run away from this prison would make her despise those who do nothing. Lastly, leaving with the child is her choice, she lets you know all of the facts, and she tells you she will leave up front, so why all the hate?