What are people's opinions on Morrigan?

SpellAndShield

I actually find Morrigan very funny and witty , her little insights during group chats between her and virtually anyone else always tend to give me a better understanding of both characters involved or provide light relief before/after some tense scenes. She is as mentioned very complex sometimes giving childlike responses that perhaps hint at a sheltered upbringing in some senses and on other occasions getting right to the point and getting to other characters foibles.

Anyway I am really looking forward to DAO2 and seeing how she develops :)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck with that as she probably will not even be in it aside from a possible cameo near Lothering :confused:

Yeah, have to agree with RB on this, and share the general disappointment at that. While Flemeth will have a (relatively) significant role in DA2, I've only heard one, totally unsubstantiated, rumour of Claudia Black being attached to DA2 at all, while we know that Kate Mulgrew is. That's a pretty good indicator of which characters might appear!

Personally, I'm thinking Morri and/or OGB might figure in a DA2 DLC someday, but that's the best we can hope for.

Yeah, I have to agree. The more that I am hearing about DA2, the more disappointed that I'm getting too. I was really hoping for a continuation of some of the story from the original character. But from the sounds of it, most of that is gonna be "honorable mention" at best.

I may end up getting it after I hear more about the actual play once its released. But letting go of the old for the new is gonna be kinda hard to do.

I keep reminding (trying to convince?) myself that here's waaaaaay more great stuff in the minds of all the creative folk associated with this project than they can possibly fit into any one game. DA2 is obviously NOT going to be "DA:O/A -- the Sequel". It's going to be it's own story, set in Thedas, at about the same time (i.e., mostly after the Blight, in the Dragon Age.) But it's not about the Warden(s).

And just because "my" Warden isn't the central character doesn't mean that I can't make Hawke into at least as good a kick-ass, take no lip, bow to no one, Rogue as she was. Yeah, she talked Big Al into doing the DR with Morri (was not going to let herself OR him die getting rid of the AD) but like every other time she did anybody any favours, there was something in it for her. I expect Hawke will be equally fun to create/explore, with a whole new landscape and cast of misfits to do it with. Did I mention that I find the interaction with, and between, the NPCs to be my favorite aspect of the game?

I say "Bring It On, BioWare. But you better bring your writing A-Game to the characters, and not just the plot!"

I'm starting to even wonder what is BW's plan with the DR loose plot? All the devs are defending DA2 but they don't even acknowledge if there is going to be an expansion for that ending. I don't mind if we get another expansion for Origins but I'll be pissed if BW brings a DLC to finish that plot off because it feels like a stab in the back for many and I'm sure many other people. So like Thandal said "Bring it on!"

Good luck with that as she probably will not even be in it aside from a possible cameo near Lothering :confused:

Yeah, have to agree with RB on this, and share the general disappointment at that. While Flemeth will have a (relatively) significant role in DA2, I've only heard one, totally unsubstantiated, rumour of Claudia Black being attached to DA2 at all, while we know that Kate Mulgrew is. That's a pretty good indicator of which characters might appear!

Personally, I'm thinking Morri and/or OGB might figure in a DA2 DLC someday, but that's the best we can hope for.

I feel your pain. I'm pissed that they're not even doing vague a continuation of the original story. And that our beloved hero and his/her amazing companions aren't even making a return... :(

I'm here to present this from one of the devs, Mike Laidlaw:

Brockololly wrote...

I don't mean to sound dickish, but at least having Morrigan show up in DA2 only to have Hawke deal with her is a bit like having some randow Jawa confront Darth Vader in Empire Strikes Back instead of Luke- the past history between the Warden and Morrigan is prime stuff to be played with in the future IMO.

So, you're saying I should cut any references to Morrigan from DA2? Wow. That, sir, is a brave thing to request. It's like unleashing the hounds!

At this point all I can say is that I personally do not believe the Morrigan fans will be disappointed by what the future has in store.

This means two things:

a) Morrigan is coming back to please the bros (AKA the boobie lovers)

OR

b) Morrigan is going to be mentioned in DA2 but her and warden's aspect of the story is not over

I just going to leave this aspect to you guys. I just hope it is option b.

So you think it is impossible to have substance and boobies? I want A and B and we should settle for nothing less! And no, by that I do not mean boobies of substance - not that there is anything wrong with that... Ok, I should rephrase, we want substance of character, plot and storyline as well as boobies of substance (and of course a nice package to make it all worthwhile for all concerned.)

Oh, on a side note to the devs, no Star Wars references in-game unless they are on a tombstone please :rolleyes: