What are people's opinions on Morrigan?

SpellAndShield

DWolf you took the words out of my mouth and stated all on that post. There is really nothing more to say about her that she does what she must to survive. One thing to note that Morrigan is a caring person, even though she would not admit it. Remember that she was willing to give Sten a second chance even though she did not know him, free Jowan from prison, protect Alistair from... everything (you have to admit they have a sibling like relationship), save you from death and cares for dog. The reason that she doesn't want to admit is like DWolf stated, that she doesn't want people to perceive her as weak.

It is this relationship (male character romance with Morrigan) that really seem king-maker in DA2 and it is the reason that it won't be far off from the situation from Origins.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks much guys. I'm really glad that I did a good job of describing her. Much appreciated :smile:

There's also the fact that she has a respect for "Old ways". Several of her personal dialogs are directly related to this, and some of her comments about the dalish elves, when in their camp; also reflect this.

I have to agree darkwolf said all that needs to be said.

All i can say now is, "ya what he said.."

Ugh. Now I feel like I'm not giving you folks a chance to give your opinions, or express yourself. I feel bad. :sad:

But hey... She's DEFINITELY got her bad side, and the things she does that annoy us. We hardly are ever hesitant to gripe about that!

One thing that I find.... I dunno how to describe the way that I feel about this. It's related to the party banters. I think that with one or two exceptions, I think that Loghain does a better job of "giving a piece of his mind" than Morrigan does. She... is just too.... I dunno. I guess I feel like her going off at wynn should be more..."Going off".

Yup, I second or third that, I've lost count.

Ugh. Now I feel like I'm not giving you folks a chance to give your opinions, or express yourself. I feel bad. :sad:

Don't feel bad! You just voiced it more eloquently than many of us could. I don't have a problem with her, honestly, I don't play with her and since I use the Equal Love mod, I can still give her a child even if I'm a female, which is very, very seldom (twice out of 12 complete game playthroughs). She is only in my party for the beginning of Lothering, then I hop over to the Dalish and she's in my party for the Nature of the Beast. After that, she's retired. I keep her totally in love me right up to the very end, and using Charsen's gatekisses, it's well worth it. I love giving her the mirror and hearing her story and I have ALWAYS loved her voice actress Claudia Black from Farscape. I think Morrigan is pretty and I love her outfit. I am amused at how everyone feels they have to change her, I like her just the way she is, face and outfit. She is after all...Morrigan. ;)

Yup, I second or third that, I've lost count.

Don't feel bad! You just voiced it more eloquently than many of us could. I don't have a problem with her, honestly, I don't play with her and since I use the Equal Love mod, I can still give her a child even if I'm a female, which is very, very seldom (twice out of 12 complete game playthroughs). She is only in my party for the beginning of Lothering, then I hop over to the Dalish and she's in my party for the Nature of the Beast. After that, she's retired. I keep her totally in love me right up to the very end, and using Charsen's gatekisses, it's well worth it. I love giving her the mirror and hearing her story and I have ALWAYS loved her voice actress Claudia Black from Farscape. I think Morrigan is pretty and I love her outfit. I am amused at how everyone feels they have to change her, I like her just the way she is, face and outfit. She is after all...Morrigan. ;)

I like her outfit too...

:tongue:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z25/Todesfick/Dragon%20Age/daorigins2010-05-2100-26-53-53.jpg

I like her outfit too...

:tongue:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z25/Todesfick/Dragon%20Age/daorigins2010-05-2100-26-53-53.jpg

http://ladymoiraine.com/forum/Smileys/default/pml.gif I saw that on another thread, very funny! ;)

Well ! :blink:

Ok, well, in THAT outfit... she can no longer reasonably tell Leliana to stop staring at her breasts! :whistling:

Yeah, that too. I was a fan of Claudia Black's in farscape too. And even just a tad jealous of Crichton, HAHAHA.

Not so much for the character they gave her in SG1, or Pitch Black, but still a fan of the actress.

Thanks Saturn :smile:

But hey... She's DEFINITELY got her bad side, and the things she does that annoy us. We hardly are ever hesitant to gripe about that!

It's not your fault bro, you just summed up everything about her in one post. She is a bit hypocritical don't you think (hates demons but when you kill a demon lock away as a cat, then she disapproves :blink: ). One of the things that she does and annoys me is her disapproving all the time.

http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/articles/article/6864/sp149.jpg

I think I saw a similar post on this same subject but cannot remember if I responded or not. Morrigan is by far my favorite character. She is the most complex, but for me in many ways the easiest to figure out. She says what is on her mind which in many cases is not particularly pleasant to hear. For some reason it is not as annoying when she does it as it is when Wynne does it. Both characters can at times be a little "prickly", but one gets the feeling that Morrigan learned or did not learn most of her human interactions from Flemeth who had her own issues and probably was not the best mother known to "witchkind". I think she is strong, independent and much more needful of approval and, dare I say it, "love", than even she knows. I believe the quest has more of an impact on her than on anyone else, and depending on whether or not a relationship developed between she and the Warden, the ending was made even more dramatic for her than for anyone else. That is why the next game should be quite interesting. As many others have already said, I believe that DW pretty much hit the nail on the head with his summation; but I thought I'd put my own two cents in anyway. :thumbsup: