New to Preparing Scratch Animated Models

squigcake2

Howdeh! :D

I have a couple of questions here about animating and programming new models (not static objects) for Fallout 3. As you can I guess, this sort of modding is fairly new to me. I know the basics of modding the game and I can make models with Blender, but I can't seem to find any guides or tutorials for importing totally new content into the GECK. So far I've only been able to find tutorials that describe how to import more static objects, such as clutter or weapons.

I have created a model -the first of many- that I intend to animate and program into the game. I know that animating (unit) models involves the use of skeletons, but how do I import these animations and then program my new unit? Basically, how do I give it life?

I really don't want to make anyone spend hours laying out the steps... so I was hoping there might be some sort of guide or tutorial out there I can read through and learn on my own.

Here are some images for the model I want to integrate.

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8498/bot2v.jpg

As you can see, there are many moving parts to animate and I'm just not sure where to start.

I would really appreciate if anyone could just point me in the right direction here x3 I'm excited about putting this mod together and I would be happy to give a brief description of the design aspects or whatever else might be of interest.

Thank you very much for you time ^^