Two oblivions?

Nunda

I don't think you can unless you have a mac with windows also on it (even then I do not think that will work)

What I would do is put your mods into an omod. When you want to play the orignal deactivate the omod when you want to play the mod, activate the omod.

I can't imagine having two Oblivions at once. You can, once you install the game, copy Oblivion folder to D (assuming you're previously installed on C drive).

I tried that, it just plays from the C drive oblivion despite the fact that I clicked the D drive oblivion launcher.

When you install Oblivion it creates several entries in the Windows registry. These tell Windows where the game and it's various parts are located. If you install a second copy in another place, it changes those entries and can no longer find the original version. I managed to get around that with my dual Oblivion setup (thanks for the plug Pronam). It works by renaming files to fake out the registry. Much faster than copying the files back and forth. 2 seconds as opposed to 20 minutes to change from one Oblivion to another.

Here is a link to my dual Oblivion article.

http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=285

Be sure to back up your Oblivion before trying it