Todays Update has messed up my EW game

BillHoff

Steam updated my EW game this morning. I've lost most of the modifications I'd made to the Gamecore.ini file. I had the perk trees just the way I wanted them, now they're gone. It isn't that they aren't in the ini file, they are, but the perk trees in the game aren't mine. It's like the game isn't reading that part of the ini anymore. Some of my other alterations are still there and still work, like additional pockets in the some of armours and a small movement bonus I added to some of them, but soldier stats, perk trees, and number of starting scientists and engineers are all apparently coming from somewhere else now. I hope I'm not the only one this happened to. I can live with some of this, but I really want my perk trees back. I sure wish ToolBoks worked on EW.

I'm running 11 mods and they all seem to work, although I've only played through one initial mission since the update, so I can't be certain. Thanks again, Steam.

I guess what I'm asking is, does anybody know where this is coming from now? And, if so, how to alter it?

Edited by BillHoff

When Steam pushes out a patch/update, it's as if you "verified" your game. Everything is restored to "vanilla". So, yes, you have to re-install all of your mods: including re-enabling INI loading.

See the "Steam and mods" wiki article for the background and suggestions.

What update? I'm not seeing anything new mentioned elsewhere. Known patch info can be found "here". We'd appreciate anything you can provide about a new one.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

When Steam pushes out a patch/update, it's as if you "verified" your game. Everything is restored to "vanilla". So, yes, you have to re-install all of your mods: including re-enabling INI loading.

See the "Steam and mods" wiki article for the background and suggestions.

What update? I'm not seeing anything new mentioned elsewhere. Known patch info can be found "here". We'd appreciate anything you can provide about a new one.

-Dubious-

So I now see. Version txt shows it to be 402256 dated 3/5/14. I assumed that it was an update because Steam initiated the download when I tried to start the game. My mistake. You mentioned re-enable .ini loading. It has been so long since set this up that I had forgotten all about that, now that you mention it I remember vaguely having to alter the exe with a hex editor. Thanks Dubious, you have saved my day!