Nif crashing game/GECK

drithius

Howdy -

I've been modifying some meshes (in Nifskope) for use w/Ironsights in FO3 and I've run into a problem with a model that I copy/pasted branches on. I've updated the children count and moved the new NifStrip nodes to the top portion of the Tree... but I'm not sure where to go from here; I'm pretty new to anything in Nifskope aside from shifting nodes and redirecting texture paths.

This is the mesh in question: Link Could someone please take a look and relay the hamfisted issues present?

drithius - Hello!

Normally a .nif crashing GECK & the game after copy & pasting is due to a Block getting re-named the same as the top BSFadeNode but that's not the case here.

The problem seems to be within your NiNode - ##PPInvis as removing that block allows the weapon to load in mini GECK just fine (right click - Open with GECK).

Investigating that NiNode reveals that the texture paths aren't set for the laser.

Expand NiTriStrip LaserPointerH - NiTexturingProperty - NiSourceTexture.

In the Block details of NiSourceTexture there's a heading "File Name", that should be pointing to your laser pointer textures instead it's pointing to LaserPointerH which is it's own NiTriStrip block.

NiTriStrip LaserPointerV also has the same problem so correct in the same way as above.

The texture paths in those types of block get scrambled when copy & pasted just like the name strings & need to be changed to match their originals once moved.

After changing those the model loads in mini GECK without crashing.

Hope this helps!

Prensa

Edited by prensa