Oghren Appreciation Society

danscott84

I won't join the appreciation society but I can at least say I don't despise him any more. After reading some of your comments in this thread and others and re-evaluating my attitude toward my job as warden I gave him another chance (and every bottle of liquor I could) when he was added to the party and found that once you get past that early stage (low approval) he becomes tolerable if not downright humorous. (I still wouldn't let him sleep in my house though lol)

I won't join the appreciation society but I can at least say I don't despise him any more. After reading some of your comments in this thread and others and re-evaluating my attitude toward my job as warden I gave him another chance (and every bottle of liquor I could) when he was added to the party and found that once you get past that early stage (low approval) he becomes tolerable if not downright humorous. (I still wouldn't let him sleep in my house though lol)

Hahaha!Lol, well, he is harmless! :tongue:

Yep! An alcoholic that has relationship problems caused by his former wife and his loss of caste, making him the laughing stock of the dwarves. I'm not saying that he hadn't had problems before that (he did but not as bad as by the time you see him) but his world fell apart after that and he wants to return to his world.

ah Oghren hes like a crazy drunk uncle that's not allowed to thanksgiving of all his antics , misdemeanor , flaws & belches but i like him..........he gives color to a gray or empty canvas , he brings life to the people around him lol
he's just priceless :devil:

I would join, whee! :thumbsup: He was also my guy's favorite character outside of Morrigan when he played. I love that Oghren is so IMPERFECT and doesn't apologize for it at all, in a way he is actually kind of sad if you really think about it. Not me saying he is sad in the way that makes you feel sorry for him, but that he has had such a hard time of it since Branka and struggled to find where he belongs after being cast out of his former status in Orzammar.

And then you find out that he left *so n so and her so n so* (dunno how to do spoiler tags!) when you play Awakening, and you realize that he is just not made for anything but fighting and being a warrior until the day he dies. He is kind of a one track guy with a few pit stops of women and drinking along the way but otherwise he is a stout fighting machine and that's all.

But you have to admit if you were having to fight a war and travel non stop you would love to have someone like him to lighten the mood!!! That or want to throttle him for not shutting up lmao!

And I hope all that made sense since I'm sitting here with a horrible sinus infection and it's hard to get my brain to work lolol!

I would join, whee! :thumbsup: He was also my guy's favorite character outside of Morrigan when he played. I love that Oghren is so IMPERFECT and doesn't apologize for it at all, in a way he is actually kind of sad if you really think about it. Not me saying he is sad in the way that makes you feel sorry for him, but that he has had such a hard time of it since Branka and struggled to find where he belongs after being cast out of his former status in Orzammar.

And then you find out that he left *so n so and her so n so* (dunno how to do spoiler tags!) when you play Awakening, and you realize that he is just not made for anything but fighting and being a warrior until the day he dies. He is kind of a one track guy with a few pit stops of women and drinking along the way but otherwise he is a stout fighting machine and that's all.

But you have to admit if you were having to fight a war and travel non stop you would love to have someone like him to lighten the mood!!! That or want to throttle him for not shutting up lmao!

And I hope all that made sense since I'm sitting here with a horrible sinus infection and it's hard to get my brain to work lolol!

Deep down he is sad.

You should listen to what he tells the Guardian...