A word about realism mods

iavor55

Huh?

To what tradition are you referring?

And why would you say we were flaming you? We're just saying that true realism is somewhat ludicrous, and that your insistence upon it wasn't going to work out. There was no offense intended(well, not from me).

Well I guess that posting on a forum and "breaking" the old tradition was just asking for flaming....well I belive its time to sing off of this thread!

No. Do not try to be a martyr or claim you're asking for something new, many people have made the same request and even more people have made the same reply. There were no flames, some of the posts were a bit blunt but that's what happens when you don't sugar-coat the point you're arguing.

In a game like Fallout 3, Realism is both subjective and impractical

Feel free to go play/make difficulty increasing mods or survival skills mods or whatever but don't argue they are realistic. Realistic would be emerging from the vaults to find nothing but an irradiated grassland hell where only things with short lifespans can survive because they don't live long enough to get cancers and humanity is all but extinct. Also you would never emerge because the vaults would've been sealed in by the nuclear explosions collapsing the entry tunnels. And to top it off you'd never have been born because mummy and daddy came from the outside. Therefore a truly realistic game would be so bad it''d have no gameplay, and a slightly less realistic one would consist of wandering around for a few ingame days/weeks then dieing. QED, proper 'realism' would suck.

Well I guess that posting on a forum and "breaking" the old tradition was just asking for flaming....well I belive its time to sing off of this thread!

"Breaking" the old tradition is one way to put it, I just saw your first post as part of the old tradition of "I can't make this mod but someone else should change theirs to match my taste." That is a little presumptuous. On the other hand, posting "This mod could use improvements in my opinion. I'm making a mod that is similar but changes things to match my taste." tends to get a better reception.

Break the old tradition the old fashioned way... do it yourself.

No. Do not try to be a martyr or claim you're asking for something new, many people have made the same request and even more people have made the same reply. There were no flames, some of the posts were a bit blunt but that's what happens when you don't sugar-coat the point you're arguing.

In a game like Fallout 3, Realism is both subjective and impractical

Feel free to go play/make difficulty increasing mods or survival skills mods or whatever but don't argue they are realistic. Realistic would be emerging from the vaults to find nothing but an irradiated grassland hell where only things with short lifespans can survive because they don't live long enough to get cancers and humanity is all but extinct. Also you would never emerge because the vaults would've been sealed in by the nuclear explosions collapsing the entry tunnels. And to top it off you'd never have been born because mummy and daddy came from the outside. Therefore a truly realistic game would be so bad it''d have no gameplay, and a slightly less realistic one would consist of wandering around for a few ingame days/weeks then dieing. QED, proper 'realism' would suck.

lol pretty much this, a war of that magnitude would make everything not under feet of concrete inhospitable. The few survivors of the initial blast would have to live in either the North or South Pole (They most likely wouldn't have been targets), or in a Vault. Forget 1 or 2 rads per second, if we are talking about thousands of nuclear warheads going off around the world you will be dealing with much more than that. The mutations of the kind you see in this game are unrealistic, in reality, anything above ground not destroyed from the blast would suffer for the next few hours from severe Diarrhea, Very high Fever, Vomiting, Shock, Nausea, Electrolyte disturbance, Seizures, Tremors, and finally Ataxia until they are blessed with the sweet reprieve of death.