Theme Viewing

EV4000

Probably not in the way that you are thinking. Not like a showroom at IKEA.

To view a theme I just go in game, save before buying a theme, activate the theme in my place and reload to the point before buying if I don't like the way it looks.

Is there any way to group those objects and temporarily make them invisible or hide them in some way? I want to add new themes as well as make new player houses so I was just wondering because otherwise its gonna be a pain just kinda guessing what looks good where.

Is there any way to group those objects and temporarily make them invisible or hide them in some way?

You can place the items in the home as initially disabled objects just as the player homes are done in vanilla FO3. If you look at the interior cells for player homes in the GECK you will see ALL of the objects from the various themes are already there as well as the default objects that are not part of the themes. You can't see them or interact with them in the game until you buy the theme from a vendor. When you buy a theme it triggers a script that enables certain objects in the home. You go back to the home, see them and use them. If you buy another theme, then the first theme's items are disabled again and the new theme items are enabled.

It is all done with smoke and mirrors.