So, I'm thinking of getting Oblivion...

Seilan

Considering that I haven't owned a console in years and that my old computer didn't really have the power, I've never had the chance to play this game. I've always wanted to give it a try I just didn't have the money to spare.

Well, I've got a somewhat decent computer now and I was hoping that maybe I'd finally be able to play it, but I wanted to find out for sure before I shell out the money.

These are my specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E8600 (2x 3.33GHz/6MB L2 Cache/1333FSB)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275 – 1792MB

2 GB DDR2-1066 PC2 8500 Corsair Dominator Memory (I have another 2 gig that I might be putting in too)

I know it's not really anything fancy with today's standards, but is it good enough to play Oblivion on at least close to max settings? I'm using a 22" widescreen, so I'll be using the 1680 x 1050 resolution.

I'd really like to try it first before I buy it, but since I'm not really sure how, or if that's really possible, I figured I'd just ask you guys about it.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Get it. I have Win7 64 bit + 6gigs of ram and GeForce GTX 260.

So I'm only better than you with ram.

But still, the game runs top notch smooth, even with heavy graphical mods.

If it's possible, get the Game of The Year edition which contains Shivering Isles and Knights of The Nine.

Thanks for the responses guys :). Glad to see that I should be able to run it pretty well.

About not adding the other 2 gigs of ram, well, I had been getting a ton of blue screens of death awhile back, and originally (after doing memory tests and whatnot) it seemed like it was one of the sticks causing my problems. After I removed it, things seemed to work way better for awhile, but then I started getting the bsods again. After running another diagnostic, it noted my other stick was also possibly defective, but I didn't buy that since the odds of both sticks being defective aren't very high. I'm thinking my problems came from a motherboard defect that strangely seems to come and go. Up until recently, I was getting a bsod at least around twice a week, but it's been over a month since I've had one now. Also, I've done several reformats and it would always still eventually happen so I know for sure it's hardware related. It also might be worth mentioning that whenever the bsod would happen, I'd usually have to change to a different RAM slot to get them to stop for awhile. That's why I'm assuming it's a mobo issue.

In short, it's been working well for a while now and I guess I'm a little hesitant to add the other stick back in for fear of causing the bsod crap to start up again. Sigh, it's times like this I really wish I were more computer savvy so I could solve problems like this rather than try to avoid them.

Anyway, thanks again for the feedback everyone :).