My toolset broke

Lehcar

Damnit, I still can't install the SQL server thing, keep getting the error "SQL server service failed to start" and no matter how many times I click Retry it will not work :sad:

I had a tech master help me but he couldn't get it. He might be asking an Overlord Tech Master about it...so maybe there will be a solution.

Nevermind, I got everything to reinstall again, but now I'm still getting the "cannot connect to database" error again! I think the problem appears to be because the data files are missing... any idea how to get them back? Can I download them somewhere? How do I restore them? :sad:

Nevermind, I got everything to reinstall again, but now I'm still getting the "cannot connect to database" error again! I think the problem appears to be because the data files are missing... any idea how to get them back? Can I download them somewhere? How do I restore them? :sad:

That's the part where I have been on for nigh two weeks.

I am awaiting further information from the Overlord Tech Master....

*gasp* OHMIGOSH I CAN'T BELIEVE I ACTUALLY FIXED IT!!!!!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I have a working toolset again!

Went over hell and high water to get it working again tho... took a heck of a lot of fiddling around with settings and such :confused:

*gasp* OHMIGOSH I CAN'T BELIEVE I ACTUALLY FIXED IT!!!!!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I have a working toolset again!

Went over hell and high water to get it working again tho... took a heck of a lot of fiddling around with settings and such :confused:

I wouldn't be surprised if it stopped working again. I know mine worked and didn't work several times.

remember to make build2build backups of all custom content you've made or edited in case you have to "format" the toolset by restoring the default database, you can simply load all your WIP related resources back in, instead of starting from scratch

this, unfortunately happened to me on my first "binge" with toolset - lost a few hundred hours of "work" and nearly killed my motivation to re-do everything, as beautiful and amazing (& addictive) as this thing is, it can have the opposite effect when you lose your precious content/edits - dangerous stuff my friends

i just dont know how it is you guys get these sudden connect errors -suddenly- when a launch or two before it was working fine (that isnt resolved by restarting sqql service that is)

just remember brothers and sisters - backups

once a week for light toolset usage, and once every 2 or 3 days for those who use it an unhealthy amount such as....not me

unless it is mainly used for morphs, quick-item creation etc, backups dont become a matter of life & death... but in any other "lengthy" project scenario, they really are the only protection one has aside from "healthy" overall practice/usage

bit of a pain to wait for 3-4 minutes or whatever it takes, but worth it for crisis situations which may occur

backup, backed-it, backin-it

bee'd up praise jeesus

BACK UPS!!!

;]

p.s.

don't forget to make backups