Is it possible to marry Alistair as a human female noble if

SpellAndShield

I kind of thought, oh well, I am a female human noble so I don't need to harden him. Was this wrong?

My fiance was able to become queen both ways, hardened and not. The only thing she found different was when not a noble he would break off the relationship if not hardened. If he is, and you tell him that's he's king and can do whatever he wants, he'll keep you basically as a concubine.

The ONLY way you can marry Alistair as a human noble is if, in the Landsmeet, you choose the "I will rule beside him" option. I believe you can do this if he is hardened or not. If you don't choose that option, or if you are not a HUMAN noble, he will try to dump you. At that point, whether or not you can persuade him to keep you on as mistress depends on whether or not he's hardened.

I kind of thought, oh well, I am a female human noble so I don't need to harden him. Was this wrong?

My fiance was able to become queen both ways, hardened and not. The only thing she found different was when not a noble he would break off the relationship if not hardened. If he is, and you tell him that's he's king and can do whatever he wants, he'll keep you basically as a concubine.

LOL my gal's foot in his butt would show him "concubine" if he ever tried that!

hehehe poor choice of phrasing amigo :wink:

You do have to have Al at love, tho not hardened. You also have to talk to him about it BEFORE the landsmeet, as well as in front of all the nobility. I mean, the poor guy is already in shock as it is, over being thrown onto the throne against his wishes, throw marriage on top of it and I think anybody would probly turn and run, lol.

Actually, no, he doesn't have to be in love. You can marry him even if he doesn't like you, so long as you're a human noble. I'm not sure how it is if he's not in love, you may have to arrange it in advance, but I don't believe so. You certainly don't have to arrange it in advance if he's in love; just spring it on him at the Landsmeet.

Actually, no, he doesn't have to be in love. You can marry him even if he doesn't like you, so long as you're a human noble. I'm not sure how it is if he's not in love, you may have to arrange it in advance, but I don't believe so. You certainly don't have to arrange it in advance if he's in love; just spring it on him at the Landsmeet.

You can marry him even at -100 approval?

You do have to have Al at love, tho not hardened. You also have to talk to him about it BEFORE the landsmeet, as well as in front of all the nobility. I mean, the poor guy is already in shock as it is, over being thrown onto the throne against his wishes, throw marriage on top of it and I think anybody would probly turn and run, lol.

Maybe poor phrasing, but accurate. Historically, most king/queen pairings were made politically and arranged. Perhaps you would prefer consort? Either way she would not have the political power that the queen would have. The king usually would need to have a son with the queen to have an heir (Henry VIII), but would spend most of his time with his consort for which he had feelings and chose to be with. If you marry Anora off to Alistair, can your non-noble female still be his consort in this game?

Maybe poor phrasing, but accurate. Historically, most king/queen pairings were made politically and arranged. Perhaps you would prefer consort? Either way she would not have the political power that the queen would have. The king usually would need to have a son with the queen to have an heir (Henry VIII), but would spend most of his time with his consort for which he had feelings and chose to be with. If you marry Anora off to Alistair, can your non-noble female still be his consort in this game?

No. Anora makes you swear off him lest she not marry him at all.