Is it possible to marry Alistair as a human female noble if

SpellAndShield

Actually, no, he doesn't have to be in love. You can marry him even if he doesn't like you, so long as you're a human noble. I'm not sure how it is if he's not in love, you may have to arrange it in advance, but I don't believe so. You certainly don't have to arrange it in advance if he's in love; just spring it on him at the Landsmeet.

You can marry him even at -100 approval?

I don't know about -100, but according tothis, you can marry him at negative approval:

It bothered me for a long time, though. Why would Alistair acquiesce to marrying a noble only if you spring it on him at the Landsmeet? It felt a little like trickery to do so. But the reality of the situation clicked for me when reading through some discussions on the BioWare Social Network. One of the users, ejoslin, {author of the Zevran Dialog Fix mod} spoke of her Couslands’ arranged marriages to Alistair and stated she had actually married Alistair when his approval was as low as -25 neutral.

Love has nothing to do with marrying Alistair. The Alistair marriage and the other potential marriages in the game (Alistair/Anora or Lord Cousland/Anora) are driven solely by politics. A harsh truth for those of us who love the jocular, cheese-loving Warden, and wish he’d propose instead.

Maybe poor phrasing, but accurate. Historically, most king/queen pairings were made politically and arranged. Perhaps you would prefer consort? Either way she would not have the political power that the queen would have. The king usually would need to have a son with the queen to have an heir (Henry VIII), but would spend most of his time with his consort for which he had feelings and chose to be with. If you marry Anora off to Alistair, can your non-noble female still be his consort in this game?

No. Anora makes you swear off him lest she not marry him at all.

Not true. If you arrange for Alistair to marry Anora, the second time you speak with Anora (after you get Alistair to agree, before the Landsmeet) if you are in a relationship with Alistair she will ask you what you intend to do about it, and explains that Cailan was a bit of a philanderer. If you choose the "I'm not going anywhere" option, she agrees he may keep you on as mistress, but asks that you be discreet and not cause her public humiliation.

Oops I goofed, I was thinking of the marriage of Al to Anora when I said that you had to talk to him about it before the landsmeet.

Dan- I think "mistress" is the term you're looking for. Consorts actually have a public role in the court, they are acknowledged as the wedded husband/wife of the ruler, but are not considered as heirs to the crown. If Al's already married, he couldnt exactly have a second wife :wink:

I dont think anora would go for that :laugh:

Oops I goofed, I was thinking of the marriage of Al to Anora when I said that you had to talk to him about it before the landsmeet.

Dan- I think "mistress" is the term you're looking for. Consorts actually have a public role in the court, they are acknowledged as the wedded husband/wife of the ruler, but are not considered as heirs to the crown. If Al's already married, he couldnt exactly have a second wife :wink:

I dont think anora would go for that :laugh:

Mistress would work now, but I am an historian by trade, and it was just never used with any good conotation in royal circles. But, oh well. ;)

The ONLY way you can marry Alistair as a human noble is if, in the Landsmeet, you choose the "I will rule beside him" option. I believe you can do this if he is hardened or not. If you don't choose that option, or if you are not a HUMAN noble, he will try to dump you. At that point, whether or not you can persuade him to keep you on as mistress depends on whether or not he's hardened.

I did have him hardened, but he still dumped my royal ass anyway? Horrendously hurtful and unbelievably humiliating! :sad:

That miserable little pr*ck motherf***er, I wish personally killing that stupid little son of a gun and chopping him to bloody pieces was an option. King for not even 10 minutes and it's already turned him into a complete a**hole. Motherf***er says he "loves" me so much, and I've gone to hell and back for this guy, and then pulls a heartless, shitty ass thing like that on me? What an utter dick. :mad:

Oh, and that stuff he says at my funeral about "regretting" dumping me like I'm a piece of trash is such a load of stinking bull**** it isn't even moving in the least.

And the fact that she recently got dumped by that stupid trecharous bast*rd Gorim only makes it worse... I wish I could just give that guy a good kick in the nuts. "Err, I'll think of you when I change the nappies of the brat I'm going to have with another woman. Now do you want to buy something?" What an insensitive jerk...

Maybe poor phrasing, but accurate. Historically, most king/queen pairings were made politically and arranged. Perhaps you would prefer consort? Either way she would not have the political power that the queen would have. The king usually would need to have a son with the queen to have an heir (Henry VIII), but would spend most of his time with his consort for which he had feelings and chose to be with. If you marry Anora off to Alistair, can your non-noble female still be his consort in this game?

No. Anora makes you swear off him lest she not marry him at all.

Not true. If you arrange for Alistair to marry Anora, the second time you speak with Anora (after you get Alistair to agree, before the Landsmeet) if you are in a relationship with Alistair she will ask you what you intend to do about it, and explains that Cailan was a bit of a philanderer. If you choose the "I'm not going anywhere" option, she agrees he may keep you on as mistress, but asks that you be discreet and not cause her public humiliation.

Weird. I didn't get that. She refused to marry him in my case. Hmmm...will have to try that again.