Low Tech Mod

Oldwolfe

Let's face it, there's too many guns and too much tech in the wasteland. Who enjoyed the Mad Max movies? Those raiders had ONE gun, the leader had it, and he only had three bullets left for it.

The Wasteland Melee Mod Pack V3 and the Savage Wasteland mods are a good start. (more melee weapon types and higher spawn rate of melee using NPCs) But raiders and mutants really need less guns. Some, of course, but less.

My suggested changes:

1) Lower the rate that npcs spawn with guns, add more schematic crafted weapons like railway rifles. Replace the grenades with molotov cocktails and throwing weapons.

2) Replace the Brotherhood Outcasts armors with Combat Armor.

3) Replace most Brotherhood powered armors with combat armor. Also a chance of having Really Rusty Power Amor. Leave the Lion's pride intact though, they are the elite.

4) Add combat armor to the enclave armor random list, as well as the brotherhood style of lower tech powered armor.

5) Replace some of the unique guns with lower tech but worthwhile alternatives.

6) Increase the frequency of double barrel shotguns (barrels firing separately, not both at the same time), lever action rifles, and hunting rifles when they DO drop.

7) replace the basic sniper rifle with a scoped hunting rifle

8) Add a scope to old painless

9) change the random energy weapon spawns in npcs and boxes to firearms. change the box firearm spawns to melee weapons or gun alternatives. Same with molotovs for grenades.

10) Replace normal vanilla gun textures with very old and rusted looking textures. Such as Worn FN FAL and G3A3 Resources

11) Make the rivet city and tenpenny tower guards wear leather armor.

Resources that are good to incorporate:

Crossbow

Dart Gun Revamped

Molotov Cocktail

If some modder wants to tackle this project, please message me. I have no modding skills, but am willing to try helping with researching other mods for resources, textures, etc.

PS. anyone with the texturing skills want to make BOS, Outcast, Enclave combat armors? Tenpenny Tower and Rivet City security Leather armors?

I like this idea, but all I know what to make is basic building mods. Still learning those actually. But yea this would be realistic because 200 years after the last gun, energy weapon, power armors, etc, been produced I figured they'd be more worn out and less bullets. Energy weapons very prized and expensive and perhaps more powerful too. But the enclave in my opinion should remain in power armor. They are infact remnants of the US government. With access and connections to those sort of things. It also goes with their base, Raven Rock is very high tech. I mean they fly vertibirds right? Operate all over the country, probably going to see them in New Vegas at Area51/S4. Anyways I'm feeling this idea, maybe someone will use it.

I like this idea, but all I know what to make is basic building mods. Still learning those actually. But yea this would be realistic because 200 years after the last gun, energy weapon, power armors, etc, been produced I figured they'd be more worn out and less bullets. Energy weapons very prized and expensive and perhaps more powerful too. But the enclave in my opinion should remain in power armor. They are infact remnants of the US government. With access and connections to those sort of things. It also goes with their base, Raven Rock is very high tech. I mean they fly vertibirds right? Operate all over the country, probably going to see them in New Vegas at Area51/S4. Anyways I'm feeling this idea, maybe someone will use it.

I was thinking most would still be in powered armor, some in older powered armor... but realistically, would they ALL be in powered armor? When you go through Raven Rock, even the cook in the kitchen is wearing Hellfire armor. There would be other support staff than just those scientists. I think SOME combat armor is realistic.

Vertibird maintenance crews, etc., even some patrols might have techs and medics in combat armor. Not everyone is heavy infantry or assault troops.

It would've been cool if the everyone...the Enclave, Brotherhood/Outcasts, Raiders, Talon Company...etc all had different levels of characters, sort of like the feral ghouls and super mutants have, and within those levels you had different armors and weapons. I didn't like when i finally got into the Citadel and found the one specialized sniper of the bunch was wearing power armor....i would expect a real sniper to travel light and be sneaky, not clunk around in power armor.

Agreed, It does make sense. I mean, they need to have more armour like the Tribal Power Armor. It says they had to use makeshift repairs.. doesn't look like it. Anyone remember Tactics? You started off with leather armor and hunting rifles. They need to have more leather and gas masks.