Winter Forge enchanting?

Lehcar

Has anyone ever been able to figure how the heck you're supposed to use the enchantment thingy on the Winter Forge mod? The "tutorial" sucks, it's just a bunch of useless babbling confusing nonsensical rubbish, it goes on and on about some silly story or something but don't actually say anywhere how on Earth you're supposed to use the thing. and I'm still totally clueless as to how this feature is supposed to work. Has anyone else been able to figure it out? :confused:

And what are all those dozens of crystals/elf scroll things supposed to be used for??

Ok, keep in mind that I dont have the "latest" version. I'm still running 3.2 or w/e.

At least in that version, "enchanting" was a bad term for her to have used. It basically refers to adding the bonuses, penalties, and whatnot to the items. Not to adding runes, as enchanters such as Sandal do.

There's two types of elfy scrolls. One type teaches you (unlocks) some of the stuff on the forge that you can add on as bonuses/penalties. The others are recipe scrolls. Which, if you are using the forge with the material check turned on, you have to have the recipes (made from the scroll, the gems (reagents) and whatever else she makes you go chase after).

So basically, if you have the material check turned off, all of it except for the learning scrolls (damned if I can remember her title for those) are the only ones you need to worry about. The rest of it is just the grease at the bottom of the plate that nobody wants to bother with. :laugh:

LOL about your interpretation of her site.... I was just sitting here grinning nodding my head emphatically! :thumbsup:

There is no such thing as "two types of scrolls", as I remember saying to you in another thread.

Has anyone ever been able to figure how the heck you're supposed to use the enchantment thingy on the Winter Forge mod? The "tutorial" sucks, it's just a bunch of useless babbling confusing nonsensical rubbish, it goes on and on about some silly story or something but don't actually say anywhere how on Earth you're supposed to use the thing. and I'm still totally clueless as to how this feature is supposed to work. Has anyone else been able to figure it out? :confused:

I can't fanthom what part of the tutorial is "confusing nonsensical rubbish". It plainly guides players through an example of enchantment. Little excerpt of one of the tutorial steps :

" Therefore you'll have to imbue those elfroots first : place two elfroot on the Autel and use your enchantment skill. "

Those are simple instructions. They require reading, certainly, but are as simple as simple can get. The fact that modders have no pull over the game scaleform GUI doesn't help making tutorials cleaner that this kind of introduction quest ; if you want more detailled guides, you can check the website. Despite what DarkeWolf said, seeing how confused he's about TWF himself I'm sure he didn't check the website whatsoever anyway, you may very well find it at least slighly helpful about enchantment :

- TWF Manual

Then again, I know TWF can be quite unclear at first. This is a spot on feedback I get from time to time, and the unfinished website (takes time I don't have) doesn't help as much as it should. Sincerely sorry about that.

Ideas on how to clarify the addon and make it more intuitive are always welcome on the project page, or in my email/MP box. (sneering & unproductive cristism ain't, however)

There is no such thing as "two types of scrolls", as I remember saying to you in another thread.

Despite what DarkeWolf said, seeing how confused he's about TWF himself I'm sure he didn't check the website whatsoever anyway

Mmmm hmmm. Yup, I AM confused. I'm confused that both the Formula, AND the Recipe descriptions say that they are scrolls. Not once, but twice in their descriptions (see attachment). But yet...apparently, there aren't two types of scrolls in this mod. Yep, that could confuse a person.

So yep, if you could change one of those descriptions a little bit, that might help to avoid some of that confusion :wink:

Now, understandably, a person can't be expected to remember each and every response or question that they receive, but I do however remember asking you over on social bioware where to find the full list of cheat codes, as I couldnt locate them on your site and that pages weren't working.