Even invincible arcane warriors are not invincible...

SpellAndShield

So I have this insanely powerful AW/Spirit Healer...and I have playing this tomb of calenhad mod where they have lots of templars and mages using dispel magic...one of the few times my AW died a lot! It was kind of cool actually.

Even with sword and shield abilities (they are considered magic for the purposes of dispel/cleanse aura) it is kind of nice to have some weaknesses. In the vanilla game you only experience that in the tower...but some of these dungeon crawl mods, wow! When you are bombarded by dispel magics and cleanse auras...you are just a mage in a suit of armour with a weapon...that doesn't do too much damage....it's nice to be humbled like that.

I actually wish that more spell wielders in the vanilla game would employ dispel magic...hmm. I wonder if someone could make a mod to change spellcaster tactics...why do you think?

Mana Clash is often fatal if the caster is much higher in level than the target; be careful what you wish for :wink:

Stardusk, don't know if you have tried the Temple of Vulak mod yet (lots of dragons) but my pimped out lv 30 AW/Battlemage with dual wield died about 5 times (before a memory leak CTD'ed me.) I'm not sure how close to the end I was but I'm not used to my uber-dude dying like that.

Mana Clash is often fatal if the caster is much higher in level than the target; be careful what you wish for :wink:

Stardusk, don't know if you have tried the Temple of Vulak mod yet (lots of dragons) but my pimped out lv 30 AW/Battlemage with dual wield died about 5 times (before a memory leak CTD'ed me.) I'm not sure how close to the end I was but I'm not used to my uber-dude dying like that.

Haven't yet, tried Tomb of Callenhad and that was quite tough by itself...eventually will try the temple...

Tomb of Callenhad is fantastic, i was playing with "Cleric" mod (sensational) sorta like a real mean fighter with with spell buffing capabilities.

IN that particular mod i got my ass kicked badly and i do agree that dispel magic is your worst enemy,

All my buffs making my party almost impossible to beat were dispelled constantly leaving me screaming in anger and watching my party get slaughtered time and time again.

Was an awesome experience actually.

i Also wish that that Origins itself utilized dispel magic and other counter spells more often. Real damn shame :(

\

Oh forgot to add, each time a templar would hit me i'd loose tones of mana. Nicely done indeed

I'd like to see an NPC Spellcaster who uses Mana Clash. Make my Uber Mage parties scream and run. ;)

I can easily code this if you would like to see it in action. Of course, people might complain because their mage gets blown up repeatedly =)

I have so many anti mage things already...75% less elemental damage, etc...but sure, why not?

I'd like to see an NPC Spellcaster who uses Mana Clash. Make my Uber Mage parties scream and run. ;)

I can easily code this if you would like to see it in action. Of course, people might complain because their mage gets blown up repeatedly =)

I have so many anti mage things already...75% less elemental damage, etc...but sure, why not?

People already complain about a few mages using crushing prisons (can still heal the damage), or traps that blow them up because they like to just keep running forward haha. If I coded monsters to use mana clash, i would get hate mails constantly i think because they would just blow up the mage in 1 shot. =)