Looking for a PRO modder

Hey there, fellow wastelanders!

I've been tinkering with the GECK lately and I think I've got some interesting project going on.

Unfortunately, I'm currently experiencing some minor issues I don't really know how to deal with due to my GECK-noob status - no biggie, I swear... just not my thing - and I thought some pro modder with a modicum of spare time could try and fix them for me. Of course, he/she will be thoroughly thanked and properly credited when releasing it. As for the project itself, it's a Canterbury Commons overhaul that combines a couple of existing mods, adds interiors, NPCs and many other things.

If any of you guys is interested just PM me or write in this same thread.

Thanks in advance.

C'mon guys! *pokes* It's a piece of cake...

I'm just too newbie to manage on my own and need a bit of help fixing a couple nuisances.

Apart from the glamour gained from being called a "PRO modder", there is nothing I like less than troubleshooting "minor problems". There is also nothing better for advancing you from newbie status to experienced modder if you should be able to resolve them yourself.

Pro modder is a bit of an oxymoron IMO, since we don't get paid, but there are those who would boast such a title. Unfortunately, they are most likely building upon their own legends and not likely to be interested in your offer of thorough thankfulness.

In the event that no one takes on the task that you have set forth, please accept it with grace and do not give up just yet. I have found that solutions to insurmountable problems with mods can oftentimes reveal themselves after I give the GECK the finger, shut off the computer, have a shot of scotch and take a couple days away from the problems. Maybe it has something to do with letting the problem percolate for a while through the 90% of your brain that you don't normally use.

I meant "pro modder" as a counterpoint to the "noob modder" I consider myself... oxymoron or not I infer you got the point so it worked, didn't it? LOL

As for the rest, I do see where you're coming from and I have been working on this mod for some time now... the thing is I've proven myself totally incapable of solving these minor issues I mentioned. Regardless the result of this request I will keep trying to learn how to mod properly - and of course, I wouldn't like anything better than getting to fix them on my own someday - but unfortunately right now I don't have the time nor the knowledge to solve this issue myself and I'm facing two options:

1. Release the mod with these flaws.

2. Find someone who would fix them in a couple of minutes.

Not an appealing offer? Well, I can understand that... it won't prevent me from asking nicely for help though.

....it would've been easier if you just put down what those minor issues are instead of asking 'help' repositioning the problem as you might encounter it again later.

There is another option: release the mod for testing and ask for feedback and suggestions concerning the flaws. Make it clear that it is not the final release and that there are unresolved issues. You will avoid lots of negative feedback that way. Some people like testing.

Without knowing what is causing the problems, there is no way to know that they can be resolved in a couple of minutes.

....it would've been easier if you just put down what those minor issues are instead of asking 'help' repositioning the problem as you might encounter it again later.

You are so very right, my friend. I'll elaborate when I have the time.

Hey there, fellow wastelanders!

I've been tinkering with the GECK lately and I think I've got some interesting project going on.

Unfortunately, I'm currently experiencing some minor issues I don't really know how to deal with due to my GECK-noob status - no biggie, I swear... just not my thing - and I thought some pro modder with a modicum of spare time could try and fix them for me. Of course, he/she will be thoroughly thanked and properly credited when releasing it. As for the project itself, it's a Canterbury Commons overhaul that combines a couple of existing mods, adds interiors, NPCs and many other things.

If any of you guys is interested just PM me or write in this same thread.

Thanks in advance.

I too have the same issues. I am a newbie modder as well. And I too have a common mod idea as you. However, my idea is to use just the crater in which megaton is built on or just make my own crater some what like a giant mine like you see in diamond mines. and build a massive town built alone the cliffs inside the crater (kind of like in the movie The Time Machine) with lots of high rises and bridges with a few hanging ponds/lakes and water falls. The crater or mine itself needs to be wide and deep. so that i can fit a player house with several stories, merchants, green house gardens, ponds, water falls, a hidden cave, npc houses, etc... the scale of this mod idea is huge and will take a long time to learn every thing and to then put it into play. So yes I feel your "newbie" pain.