Modding existing cells

dissentuk

hey,

i just started using the geck and have been looking at all the tutorials. what i cant find is a tutorial that shows you how to modify existing cells. i just want to tweak some original game cells for my mod and include them with one original cell. one for example is a bathroom. rather than create a new bathroom, i duplicated the megaton mens restroom and renamed it. will this interfear with the game when i save it because of the fact the door has 2 destinations. how do i delete the door markers? for now i just want to create all the cells seperatly and then link them all up at the end. am i doing this right?

any help is much appreciated, thanks

If you cloned the cell and gave it a new name then it shouldn't interfere with the original cell. You copied the door markers but check closely and you should see that the markers in your cloned cell should have no destinations unless you give them one.

One problem that I noticed when copying cells involves the PipBoy map. If you look at the map ingame while you are in your copied cell and have an active quest showing a path drawn from your current location to a quest destination there is an odd effect. No matter where your cell is supposed to be in the Wasteland, it will draw a path from there to Megaton where the original bathroom is located and from there to the destination. To get rid of this problem, instead of copying the cell itself, I created a blank new cell then zoomed way out on the cell that I wanted to copy, drew a box around everything and copied and pasted everything into my new cell. Everything moves together if you do it right and it will be mapped properly in the PipBoy.