A couple newbie-ish questions.

GooeyGungan

Hi, everyone. I just got Fallout 3 and I'm ready to whip out the mods. I do have Oblivion, and have been running quite a few mods very successfully there.

First, I was wondering if there were any good lists of mods to start with. I really have no idea what the "best" mods are for FO3.

Second, are there any good load order guides or programs to resolve conflicts between mods? I know I've been spoiled by Wrye Bash and BOSS.

Thanks, guys!

-GG

Here is a fairly comprehensive group of mods listed by category: Mez's Gameplay and Immersion Mod List albeit on a different forum. Not sure if it has been kept up-to-date after the original posting.

Then there is Nexus' Top 100 list: Top 100 most endorsed files

Nexus also has more specific lists, like adult, non-adult, most popular last 2 weeks, etc.

I like to use FO3Edit for conflict resolution. Fallout Mod Manager is very useful too, which is why it is usually at the top of those Top lists.

I believe that a version of BOSS for FO3 is available: BOSS for FO3 - Better Oblivion Sorting Software for Fallout3. I haven't used it myself so I know nothing about it.