Invisible model help

CimaJackal

Please be more specific. I could just type "You tried to change a nif file and didn't do it correctly" as a response.What part of you character is invisible? What mod are you trying to install?

Please be more specific. I could just type "You tried to change a nif file and didn't do it correctly" as a response.What part of you character is invisible? What mod are you trying to install?

I changed the arms and legs to make them less skinny, so the upper body and lower body are invisible.

Just the head, hands and feet are visible.

Is there a limit to how much you can change the character models where they just won't work in the game?

I've been able to do it before.

I changed the arms and legs to make them less skinny, so the upper body and lower body are invisible.

The invisibility issue sounds like you're missing a NormalMap for the textures being used. In what way did you change them? Did you just modify textures? Did you just modify the meshes? Did you modify both?

The invisibility issue sounds like you're missing a NormalMap for the textures being used. In what way did you change them? Did you just modify textures? Did you just modify the meshes? Did you modify both?

I didn't modify them, but if I do it tells me that I needed to delete all non-UV textures or set the maps to UV

Is this what I need? http://www.blender.org/development/release-logs/blender-236/normal-maps/

Sorry it took so long to post back. Yes, I think that's what you need. The easiest way to see if you've got a NormalMap texture is to first look at the anme of the texture and then look for another texture by that name ith _n on the end of it.

Basically, you'll look for:

TextureName.dds <--- this is the texture you see in game.

and

TextureName_n.dds <--- this is the NormalMap for the texture. Basically, it tells the texture how to conform to an object.

Without a NormalMap, most textures can't be properly conformed to objects. In such a case, they won't show up in game, since the game doesn't know how to apply them. Exceptions are textures applied too static objects, like dungeon tilesets. Textures applied to anything that moves (even clothing/armor) require NormalMaps.