I need a solution for something

covari

Ok, so I'm crossing through the wastelands near jury street station and run into crazy wolfgang and crew, interact with them, continue into station area and there is an ongoing "cluster thing battle" going on between a big army bot, raiders, three albino rad scorpions, a slaver and a group of slaves. After the smoke clears there are two slaves still standing, one runs off, I interact with the other and she requests help getting off the collar, I take off the collar and she talks about going to that safe house for slaves in the wastes, "Union of the Temple" ,so I give her lots of gear to help her get there, but then the dialog ends and she justs wanders around a little and stays in the jury st metro area. Then a small rad scorpion appears and she starts screaming and running around with her hands over her head, scorpion phobia maybe, i dunno. She could however waste the thing with the combat shotgun I gave her,Duh!

So I would like to know how to at least change that element of her behavior, is there a console command to do this say per character in game.

I tried looking for the ID # in the geck ( ff001276 ) but can't find a number even close to that. So is there any way to change a slave's or freed slave's behavior through a template modification or something?

I think that captives are a fairly limited random encounter questline in Fallout 3. I generally just take their offer of meds and tell them to get lost. They normally run off to their deaths because they aren't really programmed to live a full and meaningful life after they are rescued. Oddly, shooting a captive to death seems to bring no karma loss. You would think that would be considered a bad thing. wouldn't you?

I think that captives are a fairly limited random encounter questline in Fallout 3. I generally just take their offer of meds and tell them to get lost. They normally run off to their deaths because they aren't really programmed to live a full and meaningful life after they are rescued. Oddly, shooting a captive to death seems to bring no karma loss. You would think that would be considered a bad thing. wouldn't you?

It would seem that this would be an opportunity to have added a mini quest to aid the slave getting to and a game connection with the main "Temple of the Union" quest instead of just leaving it as is, here we are with nowhere to go. I guess a modder with the know how could fix the loose end ......, still there is probably a little "bandaid fix" via the console or Geck.....anyone?

You could try setting their confidence and/or aggression a bit higher so they would fight back. And a package so that when they're rescued they head for TotU. And there are probably a couple other things you'd have to do so they don't just disappear as soon as you leave.

You could try setting their confidence and/or aggression a bit higher so they would fight back. And a package so that when they're rescued they head for TotU. And there are probably a couple other things you'd have to do so they don't just disappear as soon as you leave.

ummm ok, but I need to know where and how to apply these changes mostly where, if someone could tell me where to get access to the file to make the changes. on the second part perhaps you should have prompted the dwarf for a little more "de tail".

ummm ok, but I need to know where and how to apply these changes mostly where, if someone could tell me where to get access to the file to make the changes. on the second part perhaps you should have prompted the dwarf for a little more "de tail".

hit the console key, click your mouse on the NPC, so that you see what looks like their ref id at the top mid of the screen. Then type:

SetAV confidence 4

The FF in the ref id means that the NPC is not a persistent ref placed in the editor - you won't find it in the Geck. The NPC is spawned from another object that would be common to all the captives, so you could find that and change the confidence to 4 (foolhardy). I'm not too familiar with all the mechanics of it but there will be a template somewhere that these NPCs draw their stats from.

hit the console key, click your mouse on the NPC, so that you see what looks like their ref id at the top mid of the screen. Then type:

SetAV confidence 4

The FF in the ref id means that the NPC is not a persistent ref placed in the editor - you won't find it in the Geck. The NPC is spawned from another object that would be common to all the captives, so you could find that and change the confidence to 4 (foolhardy). I'm not too familiar with all the mechanics of it but there will be a template somewhere that these NPCs draw their stats from.

Ok, Thanks very much, I'll give this a shot.

Unarmed yet foolhardy NPCs should die real good and quick. Unless you want to make them essential too. Then they will cut a swathe of destruction until they are knocked out. If you make them very aggressive they will attack anybody, including the player.

SetEssential 1

Is that right?