conecting to the world

dissentuk

hey, having some problems with the geck....

So i made a basement mod. i want to connect it to a door at the bottom of the stairs in the megaton house. the basment is fully built but i cant for the life of me figure out to to connect it. im following the tutorial but it doesnt seem to work. when i insert a door at the bottom of the stairs i double click, select teleport. then i find my basment in the interiors, locate the door and double click. when i do the select referance in the object window the crosshair never turns white. can somone run me through how to do it because i find the official tutorial a bit unclear.

thanks!!

edit: so i maganed to connect them (there was one tiny spot on the corner of each door i could select) but the yellow position marker lays down on its back and i cant seem to rotate it to stand upright and face outwards from the door which is what i assume you have to do.

there are also a few other things i need help with. everyitem i put into my lab is red. is this because i used the andale basment to begin with. one other thing is that the cabinets and lockers that i put in all contain stuff. that isnt so much a problem but one of the lockers set i used is full with MyFirst:infinimary, nukacola vendor ect holotapes.

if anyone can help me get around these problems id be well greatful

When you are rotating a postion marker, make sure you have all dialogue windows closed (including the ones associated with the door). Select the marker, then right click to rotate. You can also rotate along a separate axis by holding down the X, Y, or Z key on your keyboard as you rotate.

You can also set snap-to-angle for rotating markers. Snapping to 90 degree angles will set the marker squarely perpendicular to the floor. You can then release snap-to-angle for finer adjustments, as when you are setting the rotation of view as indicated by the red pyramid on the side of the yellow oblong box.