Dragon quest: A mod proposal

Rhonail

First of all: I'm Italian and I cannot speak English perfectly, but I'm not very bad at that, so please try to understand me.

I was very amused with the mod "Akatosh Mount" which permits the player to mount a dragon and I began to think: It is too simple. In fact, a dragon is a fantastic creature and certainly it is not to be found in a normal tamrielic world; it is also not mentioned as an existing creature among the concepts of The Elder Scrolls (I should not be wrong, but correct me if I was so). What if it was a quest which brings you in a from-a-long-time-lost world and places full of mysticism and magic? So I planned to "write" a quest, completed with story and new characters and features, but I am not a modder, the all thing seems very complicated to me, but I'm endowed with a certain imagination, so...

YOU MODDERS (the author of "AkatoshMount" has confirmed that he no longer mods for Oblivion), plaese take the following in consideration. I will post my new ideas (and update the main post) about the quest as I write them down and I hope you will contribute with your comments, suggestments and critical observations.

QUEST NAME: An arcane race

BEGIN EVENT: discovery (and reading) of a unique ancient tome "Superior reptilian race" found on a corpse of an elegantly-dressed Imperial old sage/mage which is to be encountered near the statue and the chest with the repair hammers in Fort Chalaman.

ITEM - "SUPERIOR REPTILIAN RACE"

Type: Book Weight: 5 Value: 1000 Particular effects: Begins the quest; +1 Mysticism; +1 Evocation; +1 Illusion; +1 Destruction; +1 Alteration

Please wait until I write the in-game readable part of the book.

JOURNAL MASSAGE 1 - initial message: <<I have found an ancient tome describing a giant and immortal reptilian race which ruled over Nirn thousands and thousands of years ago, but yet not extinguished. They are capable of flying and are endowed with powerful magical skill intended to kill, to protect and to deceive mortal beings who dare enter their dominion. They say this race has superior intelligence and an indecipherable and unintelligible language, and it seems this is what makes them able to control the all plain of existence and meta-existence. It sounds very interesting. Maybe I will learn more clues about this story if I ask to some well-experienced scholar.>>

TOPIC "Dragons" - at the beginning of the quest

---> TO ANYONE: <<Dragons? They are fairy-tale creatures! Anyway, in the best of cases, only a few of these exemplars have been seen. I would not talk about a "race" with its own "dominion".>>

---> TO A MAGES GUILD MEMBER: <<Oh, a superior reptilian race? Immortals? I have never heard talking about these things in a... "scientific" way. But this tome seems to be written by a famous Breton mage and anthropologist of centuries ago, this Saeveral Gaeleron. The signature is certainly his own, I cannot be wrong. Sorry that I cannot be of more help. I think you will have to go to the Arcane University if you wish to know more.>>

---> TO A SUPERIOR MAGES GUILD MEMBER AT THE ARCANE UNIVERSITY (main characters as Raminus, etc.): <<Very interesting, but I am afraid I cannot be of true help to you. But I think that Dar-Ma is entitled to manage with these topics. You can find her here at the tower of the Arcane University.>>

---> TO DAR-MA: <<Oh, I am very surprised you have got a book like this one! How did you acquire that? ...Well, this is not my business. Forgive me. Anyway, I am very proud that I have been honored to discover an ancient manuscript of Saeveral Gaeleron...! Either if it was you who discovered it... Nevermind. Uhm, this book surely contains an encrypted massage. I can feel it. Yes! If you were so kind to lend me it and let me study it, I think that I will be able to reveal you every of its secrets.>>

***choice 1: Yes, that's fine for me. ---> <<Great! I shall begin working on it just now!

***choice 2: No, I will keep it for myself for now. ---> <<As you wish. If you need my help, I am here at your disposal.>>

JOURNAL MESSAGE 2 - after talking with a mages guild member about the topic "Dragons":

<<A Mages guild member has told me that they have never heard about this story, but they assure that the author of the book is very trustworthy. I will have to reach the Arcane University at the Imperial City and there I should find someone who can tell me something more.>>

JOURNAL MESSAGE 3 - after talking to Dar-Ma about the topic "Dragons", before making your choice:

<<Dar-Ma, a high-rank Mages guild member at the Arcane University tower, has told me that she will be happy to study the book for me in search of hidden details if I lend it to her for the time of three days.>>

JOURNAL MESSAGE 4 - after choosing to lend the book to Dar-Ma:

<<I gave the book to Dar-Ma in order to let her study it. She will return it back to me after three days pass.>>

JOURNAL MASSAGE 5 - three days passed after lending the book to Dar-Ma:

<<The three days I and Dar-Ma agreed upon have passed and then I should visit her again.>>

TOPIC "Dragons" - after Dar-Ma finished studying the book

---> TO ANYONE EXCEPT DAR-MA: anyone (including mages guild member) should continue saying the same things.

---> TO DAR-MA: <<Urrah! I have made it! I was right, the book contained a secret message to be understood only by initiated scholars. In fact, the stake appears to be very high. The book reveals... the position of an entrance to a different world! Yes! Saeveral Gaeleron tells that a great cataclysm was foreseen by the kind of the "immortal reptils", the dragons. So they joint their magic forces all together and, with the help of a trusted mage, they created a world called Nehrcia were they could continue their life undisturbed. Their last bind with Nirn in an entrance which is to be found: "At the middle between the greatest sanctuaries of the cold embrace. South.". Does this make you recall something into your mind? Not to me. Unfortunately, I am not allowed to leave the University, so... the quest to re-discover the most arcane of Tamrielic races falls upon your shoulder. Farewell and good luck.>>

***System message: You feel a new exciting energy flowing into your blood!

JOURNAL MESSAGE 6 - after Dar-Ma has deciphered the massage

<<Dar-Ma has referred this words to me: "At the middle between the greatest sanctuaries of the cold embrace. South." She said it means the exact location of the entrance to the world of Nehrcia, which is supposed to be the final refugee to the dragon kind. I will have to solve the enigma by myself.>>

# # # * * * At this point you shall be able to see the entrance to Nehrcia. Before doing all this, you were not able to see it, as a giant stone covered it.It should appear like an Ayeld entrance and be situated under the part of a hill/mountain, as it was a cave. On the upper side of the door there is a dragon statue with flaming eyes. As you approach it, it will ask for a hero with some requirements to continue the quest. If you don't meet these requirements, you will have to wait and do something else. I will not reveal its exact location here, as it would be a spoiler.# # # * * *

PLACE - ENTRANCE TO NEHRCIA

---> OBJECT - DRAGON BUST: <<What mortal dares stand before the entrance to our sacred land of Nehrcia? Are you a skilled fighter, superior to most of Tamrielic beings?>

***choice 1: Yes, I am. --->

**##If you meet these requirements: Fame+Infamy 30; Level 10 or above: <<I can see without any doubt that you truly are what you say and do not esteem yourself too high. Because I am the Grand Prior of the most primordial race, the Dragons, and I can see the truth behind the appearances of any common being. And, by the power confered to me by our Arengo with the Most Sacred Rite, I hereby give you the right to pass through and enter our world. May you learn to acknowledge yourself and proudly face your enemies. And don't forget to stay humble: remember you will always be a mortal.>>

**##If you don't meet those requirements: <<Do not try to lie to me, mortal, as I cannot be led astray by your language. Come back at my presence when you will have consumed your shoes and learnt more about yourself.>>

***choice 2: No, if I have to be honest. --->

<<Fine. Come back when you become such a one.>>

PLACE - THE PORTAL OF RETURN

This is where you can return back to Cyrodill. A very big portal who leads you through a magic tunnel back to your own dimension, exactly as you arrived.

******THE WORLD OF NEHRCIA******

I imagine this land quite small (fifty percent of Shivering Isles, more or less), the landscape similar to Mania, but more jungle-like. Can you imagine the primitive Pangea, with the dinosaurs and all? There you are. Anyway, this place should include also a large marsh, a frozen mountain chain, a vast clearing and some craggy summit; but should also be with many mountains and hills.

CREATURES (you cannot interact with them): orango, slim monkey, vampire snake (Tsaesci survivor), monkeyman (Tang mo surviror), xigiki renegate (an eagle-like race), rotten demon, pterodactylus, smilodon... giant insects, as you can call them, I have no idea about that.

FACTIONS (you can interact with their members):

The Dragons ---> ALLIED (unless you attack them)

Falmer survivors ---> ALLIED (unless you attack them)

Ka Po'Tun ---> HOSTILE, they attack on sight

Rugged Peek Xigiki clan ---> ALLIED (unless you attack them)

PLACES:

Shortstep (the only human village)

The Great Plain (home to the Dragons)

The Great Marsh (home to the rotten demons and the Tsaesci survirors)

The Deepest Jungle (home to the Tang mo survirors and the Ka Po'Tun)

Some claustrophobic caves and no building-like dungeon

SECONDARY QUESTS:

Any of the factions has a secondary quest for you, except the Ka Po'Tun.

PLOT:

I shall reveal the main plot only to those who want to contribute with the project because this would be a spoiler. However, I will consider also posting it here using the black color.

Nice idea like the one above me said you should contact the author, but maybe you should know that there are dragons in the TES lore, they actually aided the imperials and in memory of that, they are the symbol of the empire. And in a book ( whose name I can't recall) It is mentioned that the cat race that are native to Akavir ate the Dragons in a attempt to be like them. here's more info on them http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dragons :thumbsup:

Very helpful, DarkShadowGod! I'm not very fond of the Oblivion background and looked forward to someone who could tell me more about the dragons! I will take the all thing in consideration, I shall not write the all story without referring to the Oblivion lore, it would make it not funny, not full-immersive.

I've not contacted the author directly because this mod could be created also by someone else just implementing the mechanics of AkatoshMount and changing it a bit. But I'll signal him this topic, anyway.

Don't forget to come back and read the updates!

Very helpful, DarkShadowGod! I'm not very fond of the Oblivion background and looked forward to someone who could tell me more about the dragons! I will take the all thing in consideration, I shall not write the all story without referring to the Oblivion lore, it would make it not funny, not full-immersive.

I've not contacted the author directly because this mod could be created also by someone else just implementing the mechanics of AkatoshMount and changing it a bit. But I'll signal him this topic, anyway.

Don't forget to come back and read the updates!

No problem I would love to see this finished, I never liked how you simply installed the mod and got the dragon effortless. Now even if SaidenStorm (the author) isn't the one that helps you, you still need his permission to use his mod in yours. I really hope this gets done, Good Luck!