Music players and the about me page

Sersay

Searching through Nexus, I'v been unable to find any mention of music players being allowed or disallowed in profile pages, so I have assumed that is IS fine to have one. But I know very well assumptions are always a good idea, so to check and be 100% sure, are they ok or not?

And if they are fine, how would I go about inserting one into my own profile page, such as in the about me section? I do have an embed code for a music player, but simply pasting the code will not display the player. I'v also tried Insert Media, Insert Code Snippet, ad Insert Link with no success. The embed code displays like this. <codestuffhere> </codestuffhere> (Im posting that as im not sure if thats HTML or BBcode.)

html, lol and it's logical that's disabled as that could be exploited. I think it's only possible to embed media in terms of video-sourced websites like youtube/google etcetc.

You're talking about the [media] line. The to be implemented soundfiles (e.g. mp3) are to be hosted by yourselves elsewhere first - at your own risk, for they're usually copyrighted, at least if they're no remixes. Keep that in mind before acting, cos ignorance is no excuse in law. Finally, forced sound, perhaps even a couple of competing sounds in a thread would be totally inacceptable in any case, but that goes without saying.