40mm Kit Mod, Modded ammo types severely underpowered.

SpacemanSpIiff

Evening. I am having a problem with the mod found here: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35938/?

There are other small bugs which I have fixed, But I am scratching my head over the fact that alternative ammunition types that are modded in (Buckshot, Pulse, Slug) are doing next to no damage. What values do I have to change to make these ammo types viable? I am using FOOK and Project Nevada, which may have rebalanced damage thresholds and other relevant information, causing this outside weapon mod to not preform the way its intended.

Any help on this is appreciated. Thank you.

This is exactly why the 40mm flavors in CaliberX haven't been implemented yet - I just can't get 'em to be useful without a whole lot of jacking around. I think the problem comes from the fact that most of a launcher's damage comes from the explosion rather than the projectile itself - play around with adding a damage modifier to them, see how well that works. In my testing, the CalX 40mm buckshot took a stupid-huge damage modifier to deal the same DPRound as a vanilla 40mm grenade - IIRC it was something like 20x to get the DPH up to 75-ish out of a vanilla Grenade Rifle.

Bear in mind, you may need to create new effects for this to work, but that's pretty damn easy to do.

Thanks, I'll poke around with the modifiers and see if I can get some useful damage out of the rounds. I'm trying to go for 1.5-2x the damage of the 12gauge equivalents since 40mm is roughly (not exactly) twice the diameter of its similar cousin.

Thanks, I'll poke around with the modifiers and see if I can get some useful damage out of the rounds. I'm trying to go for 1.5-2x the damage of the 12gauge equivalents since 40mm is roughly (not exactly) twice the diameter of its similar cousin.

All damage from explosives come from the explosion not the weapon/projectile. In this screen shot you can see where I increased the damage for my 40mm nades (I edited Eve to avoid conflicts and merges). You can change the force (knock downs), the damage or the radius. I recommend just the damage. If you mess with the others you may kill yourself.

http://i.imgur.com/DLpsXie.jpg