Oblivion Scripting Scroll

LexusTG

So I have a "note" (a scroll) you find in my quest with information on the quest in it. So after reading I want a setstage to trigger to get a new journal item. But I cannot find how to do so..Some help for a noob?

This is the o so simple code I have now:

scn IDGFalasNoteScript

begin onactivate
activate

if getstage IDGQuestFindFalas == 0
setstage IDGQuestFindFalas 10
endif

end

But what that does is open the scroll and right a way post a new journal item message on top of it. But what I want is to open the scroll wait till the player takes it or exits it and then set the stage to 10..

any thoughts?

Try:

If GetStage IDGQuestFindFalas == 0

If GetEpuipped "the id of the note" == 1

SetStage IDGQuestFindFalas 10

EndIf

EndIf

Im a noob too lol so i'm not positive this works but i think it will.

Im having trouble using xmarkers and mapmarkers as references in script. theyre marked as persistent references but when i use them the compiler says its an invalid reference. Do you have any ideas?

Try:

If GetStage IDGQuestFindFalas == 0

If GetEpuipped "the id of the note" == 1

SetStage IDGQuestFindFalas 10

EndIf

EndIf

Im a noob too lol so i'm not positive this works but i think it will.

Im having trouble using xmarkers and mapmarkers as references in script. theyre marked as persistent references but when i use them the compiler says its an invalid reference. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks for the respons but I think the problem is with this solution is that when the player reads the note it is not equiped (or is it??) so when the note is activated the script will not run....I could do such a check in gamemode but the problem then would be if the player doesn't take after reading the note it is never in the inventory thus the script will never trigger.....hmmmmmmmm

And about markers I haven't worked with them yet (except the map marker in the render window) so I dont think I can help you maybe if you search for the ShowMap syntax you'll get something usefull?