HELP! Unnecessary Violence

SteeleDuke

Hi I need some help with a mod i went and downloaded Unnecessary Violence from http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=24936 and when I try to use OMM to create a archive it said nothing to extract on the file. I then tried to manualy do it by putting the files in my oblvion data folder, they showed up in my mods list and i enabled them but when i went into the game nothing happned. what did i do wrong?

1. Click on create omod. 2. click on add archive. 3. You will see a list of your downloads,click on Unnecessary Violence. 4. A box will pop up-click yes. 5 click create omod. 6. wait for OBMM to create the omod. 7. Activate your new OMOD and enjoy! This usually works for most OMOD ready downloads but remember you still need the required mods like OBSE,latest patch,etc...

1. Click on create omod. 2. click on add archive. 3. You will see a list of your downloads,click on Unnecessary Violence. 4. A box will pop up-click yes. 5 click create omod. 6. wait for OBMM to create the omod. 7. Activate your new OMOD and enjoy! This usually works for most OMOD ready downloads but remember you still need the required mods like OBSE,latest patch,etc...

Well the problem is when i go to add the archive there are about 4 things that come up, and I tried to add each one of them and got the same message every time saying that "unable to extract Archive"

Have you told OBMM where to look? In the upper left corner of the box that pops up after you pick archive you have to pick the files where your downloads are stored in thier unpacked formats. Mine reads Bradley/Downloads/, you should have a list of all your downloads posted in the middle box. If you manually install a mod with multiple esp's You need to be very careful which esp's you do install,some readmes can be vague.

Have you told OBMM where to look? In the upper left corner of the box that pops up after you pick archive you have to pick the files where your downloads are stored in thier unpacked formats. Mine reads Bradley/Downloads/, you should have a list of all your downloads posted in the middle box. If you manually install a mod with multiple esp's You need to be very careful which esp's you do install,some readmes can be vague.

do you think you could tell me a step by step on how to install it? it would be a big help

To make an OMOD click the help button in OBMM. To get Unecessary Violence to work READ THE README-very important!!! you need to change a UV.INI setting to make it work.Be sure to install the patch!

• 4 weeks later...

Ok... you see i read basiclly all the readme... the point is that i see thousands of abreviations FFP, OMOD, UV.ini, PLUGGY, and whatever more... now i dont understand crap really and still i followed the whole god danm thing... im going to, step by step, exactly what i did so i can sleep tonight and hopefully play with UV tommorow tomorrow.

1. Install Oblivion main file.

2. Install Shivering isles file.

3. Patch game to version v1.2.0416.

4. Installed Unofficial_Oblivion_Patch_v3_2_0_Installer_Version-5296.

5. Installed v1_4_0_Self-Installing_EXE_version-10739.

6. Installed OBMM.

7. Installed OBSE... i know it worked because all other mods i installed that needed it work fine or though it seems.

8. Installed Nifscript_0_90-21292. (Of course i read the readmes)

9. Installed Pluggy latest version...

10. installed UV latest wersion.

Activated the mod with OBMM and my character died... i made sure i reread each readme... and i saw that the latest UV asks for a previous Pluggy version. i got that version i installed it... i reread its readme and saw that if i was going to use the pluggy for a hud mode i should modify the name of the dll file... which i did... nothing happened, i still die as soon as i get int the game... if you can help me id greatly appreciate it.

You should open UnnecessaryViolence.ini with a text editor, read it *very carefully*, setting everything as you like.

I repeat, it is very very important you read everything of it, because some settings may drastically change your in-game experience.

Then, inside this file there is a setting you need to change to stop your character's death; it was made on purpose, for people to read and modify the .ini file before playing.

Well even though im grateful for the mod i think that not being extremely clear about its installation is being quite the moron (There is no need to put this dummie prove system when you are quite unclear in your installation)... i read the stupid readme twice or maybe thrice and in no part something as clear as what you just wrote was there. Yes i read i had to a modify an UV.ini file, but wtf was i supposed to know what that was?

Still i dont know where this UV.ini is so im going to look for it...

Thank you AxelDominatoR.