Just one quick easy question

3rdtryguy

Hooray!

Tired of being unable to play Fallout3, I finally installed a second harddrive and installed it onto it. Now I can once again play the game after months of missing it.

I have Point Lookout and the vanilla game, but I want OA, MZ & The Pitt. I can get the GOTY version easily enough, and from what I gather, I can install just the parts I want?

From what I remember, PL & BS upgrade the game to version 1.6. The others go to 1.5.

If I am right, this means that I would have to install the OA, MZ & Pitt stuff BEFORE installing PL & BS, right?

Or am I totally wrong, and it's 1.6 & 1.7?

Anyway, main question--> Should I refrain from installing my PL & BS until after I have bought the GOTY, or will it matter? If I install OA, MZ & The Pitt after installing PL & BS, will it wreak havok?

Thanks!

Hooray!

Tired of being unable to play Fallout3, I finally installed a second harddrive and installed it onto it. Now I can once again play the game after months of missing it.

I have Point Lookout and the vanilla game, but I want OA, MZ & The Pitt. I can get the GOTY version easily enough, and from what I gather, I can install just the parts I want?

From what I remember, PL & BS upgrade the game to version 1.6. The others go to 1.5.

If I am right, this means that I would have to install the OA, MZ & Pitt stuff BEFORE installing PL & BS, right?

Or am I totally wrong, and it's 1.6 & 1.7?

Anyway, main question--> Should I refrain from installing my PL & BS until after I have bought the GOTY, or will it matter? If I install OA, MZ & The Pitt after installing PL & BS, will it wreak havok?

Thanks!

I had originally purchased the DLC's separately also and didn't have any trouble installing them in any particular order. You will want to set your load order in FOMM in the same order in which they were released. Anchorage, The Pitt, Broken Steel, Point Lookout, and Zeta. Use patch 1.7.