Somebody need a tutor ?

Aranox

Hello again ,

Im here to offer anyone who wants to learn more about modding , a chance to learn from me what I learned up till now.

What I mean is , I will tutor someone to what ive learned until now .

There are some agreements to this offer though : first off all , I am not capable to help you out with "live help" through the week because of school , my exams are coming up , and I really need to pass this year . what I mean with live help is solving problems on your mod ( being the dadbdata you would send me ( if you would :p ))

What I can do through the week , is answer problems via message or msn ( if you have that )

now , for the weekends = im willing to spend most of the free time I have to teaching one of you , you can ask me anything , and if im in the power to solve it , I will .

For the teaching , I can teach you how to make a basic new follower , how to adapt cutscenes to your characters , how to add custom made items to the singeplayer campaign , and so on ...

So , first one to the PM button wins the first tutoring spot :)

• 1 month later...
hi!!! i only have a quick question here!!....i'm having a lot of troubles with the followers XP....i have everything right so far, but i still having problems with the XP thing....i tried the turorials, even bioware forums but i have nothing :S

• 2 months later...

Well Met:

I don't, at this point, need a tutor per say. Probably later when I need to get into scripting. What would be very cool is a link to articles or video - I've found a few on youtube but nothing comprehensive. Just bits and pieces of vague "how to's" but nothing that says this is how you do it - whatever it may be.

I have several ideas' I would like to work on for new MODS. For example, just before the final battle where you enter the gates of Denerim, after Alistair's' or Anora's speech, you (and each member of your team, including Reordin, Irving, Bann Teagan, Arl Eamon, others perhaps) take command of a squad or company size group of the army you've gathered and charge down the hill through the forest to the gates of Denerim. Could be a cool battle sequence with strategy breaks where you give commands to the men with you to flank or link up with Irvings group of mages. Or, you get a dwarf messenger begging for help because the legion of the dead needs help - side quest. Or you link-up with Zevran and the Dalish Archers and double your strength for the final push to the gate. This would be the battle through the heart of the horde. I mean face it, the battle once you're within the gates against the grunts - the one shot kills, disappointing.

Just an idea I came up with while writing this for the most part. I'm actually working a script for Sten's return and the invasion of the Quanari. I know what I'd like to see in it. I can figure out the structural "if" logic in it - here's that scripting help I mentioned. I can create the areas and populate them, to some degree. I can write the scripts. I need to tie it all together within a single mod in the toolset.

So I guess my question is: Does anybody know where to get: "The Idiots Guide to Creating DA mods with DA Toolset".

• 3 weeks later...

if you would both PM me, ill see to it that you will be helped :D

Its just that im not much in the forums themselves, but I do check for PM's a lot :)