Mod breaking Broken Steel

sumoftwosins

For some reason my mod is preventing the game to continue after "Take it Back". If I unload the mod, it works... I can't seem to find any connection between the issue and my mod. I'm trying to test it in different ways, but I figured I'd ask here as well. Anyone else have this issue?

I may have had a similar problem once. It has been nearly a year since it happened, so I hope that I can remember correctly.

Broken Steel modifies the final Main quest in order to start its own questline after the Purifier is saved instead of ending the game and going to the ending Bink movie.

When I made my mod I only used the original Fallout 3 files without loading any of the DLCs like Broken Steel into the GECK. As you probably know. the GECK makes copies of any vanilla resources that you happen to handle while working on a mod. Since I reviewed the main quest's scripts for tips on making my own scripts there were copies of those main quests within my mod. When I installed Broken Steel and tried to play it with my mod enabled Broken Steel would not start because my mod came after it in the load order and the copy of the main quest in my mod overrode the changes made by Broken Steel. I believe that I resolved the problem by using FO3Edit to remove files that are identical to the master Fallout 3 files. Then my mod stopped overriding the changes to the main questline made by Broken Steel and it was able to begin properly.

If that isn't the same sort of problem that you are having, I think that FO3Edit could still help you to find any conflicts that might be causing your glitch.