Help with Anthony Ling's Pretty Things

Minychung

I had trouble for two whole days trying to get this mod to work. Other mods, such as the weight-limit increase (999 weight limit), Megaton house increments, and the cooking skill work perfectly fine, but it is just this one specific one that won't work.

Every time I load it, almost every NPC is replaced by a red diamond with an exclamation point or exclamation "cross" (two perpendicularly intersected). They still function normally, just that their image is messed up.

I do not understand quite how to use FO3Edit, but I do know how to sort of use FOMM. Sorry, I'm not a genius.

--------------------My precise steps in installing: Please correct me if I did something wrong, because I really want this to work and it's been frustrating me for quite a long time (epic fail?).

1. Installed Fallout 3.

2. Downloaded FOMM. Then Downloaded Anthony Ling's Pretty Things (http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9465). Also downloaded DIMONIZED Body Type3 - female (http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4280), since ALPT said I needed it.

"LingsPrettyThings requires Dimon99s Type 3 body" (Paragraph 2).

3. Using 7zip program, extracted all files - Pretty Things, the three supplements (1.7, 2.7, and 4.2), and DIMONIZED.

4. Transfered all files into Fallout3/Data directory. Of course it did mention that there were multiple copies of textures/meshes to I proceeded to overwrite. Transfer as in I highlighted and dragged the files directly from extract window into Data directory.

5. Using FOMM, use PackageManager and added Pretty Things 3.5 into Mod list.

6. Installed all mods, in the correct order as given in ALPT's:

[X] Fallout3.esm

[X]Lings.esm

[X] LingsFinerThings.esm

[X] LingsPrettyThings.esp

[X] LingsFinerThings.esp

7. Launched Fallout 3.

-----------------------------------

This is where the problem occurs, the game loads perfectly fine. But, the NPC's all are covered in this red diamond, with an exclamation point or cross in the middle, like a "corrupted data" sign or something.

I've tried taking out a mod, redownloading and reinstalling, but to no avail. I just don't understand FO3Edit so unless a literal step-by-step procedure is given, I probably won't understand.

---

Can anyone guide me/help me with this?

A) I tried to include all textures, before extracting into the data folder, I renamed some textures into textureb, texturec, so they don't overwrite/delete each other... didn't work.

B) I've tried installing every mod into FOMM and Fallout3/Data.... didn't work.

C) Using only this mod at the moment, no other mods simultaneously used.

D) Now going to try with Official Update 1.7 for Fallout... will update on results: Also, if I have update 1.7, does that I mean I don't need the previous updates, or do I need all preceding ones too?

Meshes for the mod are not in the required directories. Follow the mod's installation instructions closely. If it suggests installing and enabling the mod with Fallout Mod Manager then do so. It will make sure that things go where they are supposed to. It also makes them very easy to uninstall.

Mod files will not overwrite default files for FO3 because they are compressed into .bsa files. They can only override them with the help of archive invalidation invalidated! or a similar process. Mod files will only overwrite another mod file if it is named exactly the same and in the same directory. Renaming mod files is a bad idea and a sure way to make them fail. Copying a folder titled "Data" from one mod into your installation directory will not delete and replace everything in an existing Data folder. It will only add unique files from the mod into the existing Data folder.