What is your favourite warrior fighting style?

SpellAndShield

Warrior Style of Choice?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Type of Warrior to Play?

Do you play at least on Nightmare? and add mods that make nightmare even more difficult? If you do, you will see that such talents as indominable are very useful. Veteran Gamer is working on a mod that makes the enemy AI MUCH better. Shield bash, pummel, etc are used constantly...and soon (maybe) origins enemies will be using Awakening talents! I play on insane difficulty and I find that dw dies pretty quickly, more so than S+S and 2H...try it out! :thumbsup:

I play on nightmare and I use Nightmare Plus (the version that comes with Dragon Age Redesigned.) I've only done a straight warrior once or twice though as it always seems to be a bit wanting so I usually go with the Arcane Warrior so I don't get the Awakenings talents or the warrior skills. I seldom use spells for close fighting though so I do get to see what all the talents are about. Two-handed is certainly fun but it just lacks the grace and flourish of the dual-wield and in my game, my guy has to look good even when he is covered in blood.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you play at least on Nightmare? and add mods that make nightmare even more difficult? If you do, you will see that such talents as indominable are very useful. Veteran Gamer is working on a mod that makes the enemy AI MUCH better. Shield bash, pummel, etc are used constantly...and soon (maybe) origins enemies will be using Awakening talents! I play on insane difficulty and I find that dw dies pretty quickly, more so than S+S and 2H...try it out! :thumbsup:

I play on nightmare and I use Nightmare Plus (the version that comes with Dragon Age Redesigned.) I've only done a straight warrior once or twice though as it always seems to be a bit wanting so I usually go with the Arcane Warrior so I don't get the Awakenings talents or the warrior skills. I seldom use spells for close fighting though so I do get to see what all the talents are about. Two-handed is certainly fun but it just lacks the grace and flourish of the dual-wield and in my game, my guy has to look good even when he is covered in blood.

You can get the awaking talents now...I had them on. I don't use that mod anymore because well...I feel it is too much cheating to be honest. I had this near invincibl arcane warrior sword and shield and just thought, what is the point of a warrior now? Driven by guilt, I deleted the mod...still I AM willing to consider Arcane Warrior Plus...that is just magic after all! :whistling:

star have you tried the mod awakening in the oc? you have to have awakening installed to get it but it transfers all the new specs, skills, and talents to your characters in origins and the mods that put warrior talents for aw also give once you put those two optional files into the main folder

star have you tried the mod awakening in the oc? you have to have awakening installed to get it but it transfers all the new specs, skills, and talents to your characters in origins and the mods that put warrior talents for aw also give once you put those two optional files into the main folder

I have it yes. I always play with Awakening in the OC. I was just saying that warriors basically lost their purpose to me when an Arcane Warrior can completely take over the role...maybe I am just a purist...

I have it yes. I always play with Awakening in the OC. I was just saying that warriors basically lost their purpose to me when an Arcane Warrior can completely take over the role...maybe I am just a purist...

ah okay

i myself love the 2 handed talents but i hate the warrior base skills i wish i could have a 2handed rogue but that makes no sense at all

ah okay

i myself love the 2 handed talents but i hate the warrior base skills i wish i could have a 2handed rogue but that makes no sense at all

There is a super cool mod called Arcane Warrior Plus but it has magical talents rather than direct warrior ones....right now you have to stop using your shield or DW weapon but the author said he will be making a one where you keep your shield and weapon!

You can get the awaking talents now...I had them on. I don't use that mod anymore because well...I feel it is too much cheating to be honest. I had this near invincibl arcane warrior sword and shield and just thought, what is the point of a warrior now? Driven by guilt, I deleted the mod...still I AM willing to consider Arcane Warrior Plus...that is just magic after all! :whistling:

I have them for Rogues and Warriors but I think they would overpower the AW as would adding the main warrior talents. I treat AW as a warrior that can use magic instead of a bow or when he gets in trouble unless it's that ugly broodmother that I drop rocks on until she's dead. Strange that I do that when I go after the archdemon blades only. Different strokes right? :wink:

Hey Star, I was actually the one that sent him a message asking him to make the abilities possible without making an extra sword or shield impossible, He said it would take some time though and that he was pretty busy, but that was about a month or so ago.

Hey Star, I was actually the one that sent him a message asking him to make the abilities possible without making an extra sword or shield impossible, He said it would take some time though and that he was pretty busy, but that was about a month or so ago.

He told me by the weekend now...we'll see I guess.