What is your favourite warrior fighting style?

SpellAndShield

Warrior Style of Choice?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Type of Warrior to Play?

i myself when i do happen to make a warrior (rogue or mage person myself) go for the weapon and shield. when facing bosses alistair always stayed alive and at almost full health when all others are dead (this was on nightmare with no weapon or armor mods) and i could take down a high dragons hp from full to dead in about 20 min

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DW just falls on his arse...

Perhaps but when I get up it is unending flurry time :ninja:

I hardly ever get knocked down. Even early in the game I resist the knockdown attempt. But, usually by the time they get a chance I have used reposte on them stunning them. Also, remember those base warrior talents that are used with the 2 handed warrior can also be used by the dual weapon scrapper.

I am really two-sided about this. I have played both and here is the truth.

Two-handed: stuns, knocks down, large damage at once, makes armor and weapon useless,immunity to stuns and knockdowns, stats distributed in /Strength/Willpower

Dual-wielding: stuns, moderate damage dealt fast, lowers stats of enemies, stats distributed in Strength/Willpower/Dexterity

When it comes to pure damage, I'd say dual-wielding wins, but that's really once you get to dual-wield long swords and use dual striking. Combine that with Haste and it takes down an Elite in 3 seconds tops. Punisher is extremely over-powered though. The tornado move though is very unappealing to me because it has extremely short range and has no side effect, which is what I live for.

Star, You would be very surprised at how much more powerful a Warrior is than a Rogue in dual-wielding.

I prefer the Two-handed though because it gives me greater satisfaction to take out a swarm of enemies with sweep or fell one foe with critical strike. It's all a matter of preference though in the end.

I would like to point out the disadvantage to that though, as soon as you are knock down or stunned again you lose that ability, even if it was after only one hit...

I voted for Sword + Board mainly because when I play a Warrior I always play it as a righteous defender of the weak, it just suits my style a lot more.

On top of that I hate being squishy and the majority of melee fighters are, I know that this is different in DA but habits are hard to break.

I would like to point out the disadvantage to that though, as soon as you are knock down or stunned again you lose that ability, even if it was after only one hit...

Maybe I have just been lucky but it seems that the chance of them knocking me down while using UF are less than when I am not. I've only been knocked down once while using it and it took the High Dragon to do it.

Maybe I have just been lucky but it seems that the chance of them knocking me down while using UF are less than when I am not. I've only been knocked down once while using it and it took the High Dragon to do it.

Do you play at least on Nightmare? and add mods that make nightmare even more difficult? If you do, you will see that such talents as indominable are very useful. Veteran Gamer is working on a mod that makes the enemy AI MUCH better. Shield bash, pummel, etc are used constantly...and soon (maybe) origins enemies will be using Awakening talents! I play on insane difficulty and I find that dw dies pretty quickly, more so than S+S and 2H...try it out! :thumbsup:

Stardusk, I have played all three on Nightmare, and I still prefer the DW. That probably stems also that since I play as a DW more often, my tactics are better suited to playing that style. I just cannot go plow through the enemies as quickly with 2H or S&S like I can with with DW. I will admit, the 2H is above the S&S. With the shield, yeas you can knock them around, but unless that sword is really powerful, it just does not take down the enemy fast enough. Before you know it, where you may have had five fighting you turns into ten. Whereas while I have a 2H like Oghren and S&S like Alistair in the party, while they take out two enemies I have taken out the other five or six that came along by myself. (Wynne was there to heal and support)

Stardusk, I have played all three on Nightmare, and I still prefer the DW. That probably stems also that since I play as a DW more often, my tactics are better suited to playing that style. I just cannot go plow through the enemies as quickly with 2H or S&S like I can with with DW. I will admit, the 2H is above the S&S. With the shield, yeas you can knock them around, but unless that sword is really powerful, it just does not take down the enemy fast enough. Before you know it, where you may have had five fighting you turns into ten. Whereas while I have a 2H like Oghren and S&S like Alistair in the party, while they take out two enemies I have taken out the other five or six that came along by myself. (Wynne was there to heal and support)

I am biased. I admit it. I just love swinging a big great sword or axe! :whistling: