SKSE Crashing After Bethesda Logo

Risson

Skyrim SKSE crashes after the logo screen when i attempt to open SKSE. I have looked for an answer but can't find one that works. All my mods are up to date. I also checked to see if I needed any mods for the ones I have but i think for the most part I'm good. If you see that I need any other mods let me know. Thanks!

My loadorder (in this order)

Skyrim.esm
Dawnguard.esm
Update.esm
SkyUI.esp
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
Phenderix's Magic Evolved.esp
Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package.esp
Magic of the Magna-Ge.esp
UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp
Talon of Akatosh.esp
Daedric Mage Armor.esp
EinherjarArmor.esp
SilverDragonArmor.esp
Colorful_Magic.esp
MidasSkyrim.esp
Northborn Fur Hoods.esp
Thanks for the help!
Edited by Risson

When faced with this dilemma (and I have many times) I always start by disabling all esp's. It may not be a bad ideas to also disable dawngard. Try loading SkyUI with just the Vanilla game this will confirm if it is a mod or the SkyUI install that is the problem. If it looks like it's the SkyUI install google SkyUI - there are many very good video, and step by step tutorials available. With the number of reasons for CTD's you really have to narrow down the root cause. If it ends up not being SkyUI then begin adding back in the mod one at a time until the problem occurs again. It may be that you need a patch or a different version of that particular mod.

Edited by Silvring

Just to clarify, Skyrim Script Extender and SkyUI are not the same thing. SkyUI requires SKSE, but they're different animals. :smile:

The problem with the game crashing after the Bethesda logo is a missing master issue. Check to make sure that you have the correct version of SKSE for any mods which require it. Some mods do not require a specific version, others do. Also, if you are running Version 1.21 or 1.23 of Colorful Magic, then you must have Dragonborn. Since you don't have Dragonborn, that mod could be what's crashing your game.

I would also strongly advise you to get the Unofficial Patches for Skyrim and Dawnguard. They squash a lot of bugs and fix other issues which will interfere with your game. In addition, using Nexus Mod Manager (if you don't already) makes installing and managing your mods and load order much easier.

Edited by Jannifer

When faced with this dilemma (and I have many times) I always start by disabling all esp's. It may not be a bad ideas to also disable dawngard. Try loading SkyUI with just the Vanilla game this will confirm if it is a mod or the SkyUI install that is the problem. If it looks like it's the SkyUI install google SkyUI - there are many very good video, and step by step tutorials available. With the number of reasons for CTD's you really have to narrow down the root cause. If it ends up not being SkyUI then begin adding back in the mod one at a time until the problem occurs again. It may be that you need a patch or a different version of that particular mod.

I'll try this. Thanks!

Just to clarify, Skyrim Script Extender and SkyUI are not the same thing. SkyUI requires SKSE, but they're different animals. :smile:

The problem with the game crashing after the Bethesda logo is a missing master issue. Check to make sure that you have the correct version of SKSE for any mods which require it. Some mods do not require a specific version, others do. Also, if you are running Version 1.21 or 1.23 of Colorful Magic, then you must have Dragonborn. Since you don't have Dragonborn, that mod could be what's crashing your game.

I would also strongly advise you to get the Unofficial Patches for Skyrim and Dawnguard. They squash a lot of bugs and fix other issues which will interfere with your game. In addition, using Nexus Mod Manager (if you don't already) makes installing and managing your mods and load order much easier.

Thanks so much for the help! This worked amazingly!