Governmental Systems!!!

Maxwell the Fool

I am not in favour of abolishing the Electoral College because like Jefferson I think that would replace the tyranny of the few with the tyranny of the many. I am aware that in the UK there was much debate about direct voting for the PM by the Liberal Dems, I think that given the proportion of actual voters that vote in the US it would not work here.

Ironically enough that during the time of Jefferson not even all "white"males can vote,and I've never really liked Jefferson that much either,but I have to say I don't think the U.S. system in the sense how it's really set up and suppose to work as it is the power holders to blame they are the ones who take what the system is an turn it with their politics.To me the system is awesome on paper,but there is still the incalculable human error to think about. If I remember my U.S. history(I hope I do) for awhile I think after Madison somewhere a long early the President was voted not to be the President,but to be later voted on by a council of others who were voted in to vote for President and then lose got vice president. Although I may be totally wrong.

I am not in favour of abolishing the Electoral College because like Jefferson I think that would replace the tyranny of the few with the tyranny of the many. I am aware that in the UK there was much debate about direct voting for the PM by the Liberal Dems, I think that given the proportion of actual voters that vote in the US it would not work here.

Ironically enough that during the time of Jefferson not even all "white"males can vote,and I've never really liked Jefferson that much either,but I have to say I don't think the U.S. system in the sense how it's really set up and suppose to work as it is the power holders to blame they are the ones who take what the system is an turn it with their politics.To me the system is awesome on paper,but there is still the incalculable human error to think about. If I remember my U.S. history(I hope I do) for awhile I think after Madison somewhere a long early the President was voted not to be the President,but to be later voted on by a council of others who were voted in to vote for President and then lose got vice president. Although I may be totally wrong.

I can basically agree.

If a governmental system doesn't work quite right (argued out in a reasonable way), then it must be adapted to work (again argued out in a reasonable way).

I can basically agree.

If a governmental system doesn't work quite right (argued out in a reasonable way), then it must be adapted to work (again argued out in a reasonable way).

Good thing we can adjust the Constitution to the current needs.

Good thing we can adjust the Constitution to the current needs.

Yes it is but how long did it take to pass the Equal Rights Amendment? 1972.... 2010...still not passed.

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself. "

Benjamin Franklin