Scripting Nightmares....!

I am so tired of getting this stupid script wrong! It's late and after so many tries I still can't get a custum weapon to show up in game...I have even been using a step by step guide but all this scripting jargon just confuses me! I want to delete all my attempts and start fresh I can't even manage to do that! Every time I think I got the script right I get an error message!

What can I do?

OK, I give up. Some people were not meant to script, i.e. to mod. I thought learning this would allow me to finally see and make the items I want to see and make but I guess I am not meant to learn it. Back to begging modders to make items... :confused:

you could try this if it would be any help (i got it from the common questions thread)

http://dragonagemodding.wordpress.com/2009/11/11/common-problems-and-mistakes-creating-your-first-module/

I have looked at this. To be honest I don't know if my script is messed up or I made some tiny mistake in the process before and I simply cannot look at toolcrap anymore.

I am going to have to wait until at least the weekend probably because then my internet acquaintance might have time to help me directly.

I have lots of other stuff to do, mostly a bunch of VOs for mods in production...thanks anyway.

If you want to get an item to show up in your inventory after you created the item using toolset, use this script. Once you're in game, it will show up. If you delete the item, it will show up again after reloading.

// All module events

#include "utility_h"

#include "wrappers_h"

#include "events_h"

void main()

{

event ev = GetCurrentEvent();

int nEvent = GetEventType(ev);

Log_Events("", ev);

switch (nEvent)

{

case EVENT_TYPE_MODULE_LOAD:

{

// get the object which contains the player

object oPlayer = GetHero();

object oItem = GetObjectByTag("mage_staff");

if (!IsObjectValid(oItem))

UT_AddItemToInventory(R"mage_staff.uti",1);

UT_AddItemToInventory(R"warrior_sword.uti",1);

break;

}

default:

{

break;

}

}

}

==============

This line refers to the tag item of your item. For example, create item > window pops up > name your item "mage_staff". Set the first choice to "Core Game Module", the second choice to "Whatever your module is called".

After you save your item, the item file is the item tag name.uti. So this line will grab the item file and insert it into your inventory.

Notice I also have this "warrior_sword.uti". The script will look for "mage_staff" in my inventory. If it does not see the tag, it will spawn a "mage_staff.uti" and a "warrior_sword.uti" in my inventory. You can spawn unlimited items into your inventory using this script, by adding in more UT_AddItemToInventory lines. Remember, the first object oItem = GetObjectByTag("mage_staff"); just looks for 1 item tag. If it does not see it, it will spawn everything else underneath.

==============

Now... in order for your items to spawn into the main game, your module needs to extend to Single Player. This is set when you click on File > Manage Module > Click your own module > Properties (and scroll down a little bit)

In order for your items to spawn into the main game, your ITEMS must be created with Module: Core Game Resources. Owner Module: Whatever your module is called.

==============

After you use the script I posted, make sure you go back to File > Manage Module > Click your own module > Properties, and set the Script to the script file you just made.

does this help?

If you want to get an item to show up in your inventory after you created the item using toolset, use this script. Once you're in game, it will show up. If you delete the item, it will show up again after reloading.

// All module events

#include "utility_h"

#include "wrappers_h"

#include "events_h"

void main()

{

Log_Events("", ev);

switch (nEvent)

{

{

break;

}

default:

{

break;

}

}

}

==============

This line refers to the tag item of your item. For example, create item > window pops up > name your item "mage_staff". Set the first choice to "Core Game Module", the second choice to "Whatever your module is called".

After you save your item, the item file is the item tag name.uti. So this line will grab the item file and insert it into your inventory.

Notice I also have this "warrior_sword.uti". The script will look for "mage_staff" in my inventory. If it does not see the tag, it will spawn a "mage_staff.uti" and a "warrior_sword.uti" in my inventory. You can spawn unlimited items into your inventory using this script, by adding in more UT_AddItemToInventory lines. Remember, the first object oItem = GetObjectByTag("mage_staff"); just looks for 1 item tag. If it does not see it, it will spawn everything else underneath.

==============

Now... in order for your items to spawn into the main game, your module needs to extend to Single Player. This is set when you click on File > Manage Module > Click your own module > Properties (and scroll down a little bit)

In order for your items to spawn into the main game, your ITEMS must be created with Module: Core Game Resources. Owner Module: Whatever your module is called.

==============

After you use the script I posted, make sure you go back to File > Manage Module > Click your own module > Properties, and set the Script to the script file you just made.

does this help?

Thanks, I will be trying later today so I will let you know! :thumbsup:

// All module events

#include "utility_h"

#include "wrappers_h"

#include "events_h"

void main()

{

Log_Events("", ev);

switch (nEvent)

{

{

break;

}

default:

{

break;

}

}

}

==============

==============

==============

does this help?

One thing, how do I delete old modules I don't want?

// All module events

#include "utility_h"

#include "wrappers_h"

#include "events_h"

void main()

{

Log_Events("", ev);

switch (nEvent)

{

{

break;

}

default:

{

break;

}

}

}

==============

==============

==============

does this help?

I must have done something wrong (for the 100th time) because my item is checked in the dl content section but DOES NOT show up in the inventory in game. I get no error message when I export it though so.... :wacko:

I won't give up but I will have to wait for someone this weekend to give me direct help via team viewer; me making the same mistakes over and over helps nothing...some step I must be doing wrong...just don't know which... :confused:

I: 11:01:57 - File has been saved successfully (C:\Users\Dan\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\addins\arcane_sword\module\override\toolsetexport\Manifest.xml).

I: 11:01:50 - Offers.xml file has been updated successfully.

I: 11:01:50 - AddIns.xml file has been updated successfully.

S: 11:01:38 - Export Summary, 83 Requested, 83 Success, 0 Skipped, 0 Failed. Please see below for more details.

I: 11:01:38 - Offers.xml file has been updated successfully.

I: 11:01:38 - AddIns.xml file has been updated successfully.

I: 11:01:38 - Generated the campaign file.

W: 11:01:38 - No starting area specified for campaign.

I: 11:01:34 - Compiling exported scripts

I: 11:01:25 - PostProcessing

I: 11:01:25 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: tut_combat_injury_lots.plo

I: 11:01:25 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: tut_combat_injury.plo

I: 11:01:25 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: genpt_core_achievements.plo

I: 11:01:25 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: sys_achievements_h.nss

I: 11:01:25 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: sys_lyrium_h.nss

I: 11:01:25 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: sys_injury.nss

I: 11:01:25 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: attributes_h.nss

I: 11:01:25 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: achievement_core_h.nss

I: 11:01:25 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: sys_stealth_h.nss

I: 11:01:25 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: cod_aow_spellcombo9.plo

I: 11:01:25 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: sys_disease.nss

I: 11:01:25 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_mabari_dominance_h.nss

I: 11:01:25 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_swarm_h.nss

I: 11:01:25 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_confusion_h.nss

I: 11:01:25 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_enchantment_h.nss

I: 11:01:25 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_feign_death_h.nss

I: 11:01:25 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_polymorph.nss

I: 11:01:25 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_summon_h.nss

I: 11:01:25 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_wbomb_h.nss

I: 11:01:25 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_lyrium_h.nss

I: 11:01:25 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_rec_knockdown_h.nss

I: 11:01:25 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_heartbeat_h.nss

I: 11:01:25 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_test_h.nss

I: 11:01:25 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_stealth_h.nss

I: 11:01:25 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_addability.nss

I: 11:01:25 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_conecasting_h.nss

I: 11:01:25 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_stun_h.nss

I: 11:01:25 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_regeneration_h.nss

I: 11:01:25 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_screenshake_h.nss

I: 11:01:25 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_sleep_h.nss

I: 11:01:25 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_impact_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_visualeffect_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_ai_modifier_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_root_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_modify_property_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_modify_critchance_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_dispel_magic_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_paralyze_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_daze_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_dot2_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_upkeep_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_disease_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_modify_attribute_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_knockdown_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_modify_mana_stam_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_heal_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_death_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_damage_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_charm_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: vfx_constants_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: ai_threat_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: sys_soundset_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: ui_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: combat_damage_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: sys_resistances_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: items_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effects_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: core_difficulty_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: 2da_data_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_constants_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: combat_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: sys_gore_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: ability_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: design_tracking_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: 2da_constants_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: var_constants_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: autoss_constants_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: tut_control_followers.plo

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: config_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: core_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: tut_friendly_aoe.plo

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: stats_core_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: ai_constants_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_resurrection_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: sys_rubberband_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: rules_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: global_objects_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: log_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: events_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: wrappers_h.nss

I: 11:01:24 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: utility_h.nss

I: 11:01:23 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: my_arcane_warrior.uti

I: 11:01:23 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: my_arcane_warrior.nss

I: 11:01:23 - Shared Addin resources will be exported to "C:\Users\Dan\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\addins\arcane_sword\core\override\toolsetexport\".

I: 11:01:23 - Campaign resources will be exported to "C:\Users\Dan\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\addins\arcane_sword\module\override\toolsetexport\".

I: 11:01:23 - Shared resources will be exported to "C:\Users\Dan\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\override\toolsetexport\".

S: 11:01:23 - Starting export: "Export without dependent resources"

I: 11:00:51 - my_arcane_warrior.uti - The resource "my_arcane_warrior.uti" has been checked out.

I: 11:00:43 - my_arcane_warrior.nss - The resource "my_arcane_warrior.nss" has been checked out.

I: 10:55:22 - File has been saved successfully (C:\Users\Dan\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\addins\arcane_sword\module\override\toolsetexport\Manifest.xml).

I: 10:55:16 - Offers.xml file has been updated successfully.

I: 10:55:16 - AddIns.xml file has been updated successfully.

S: 10:55:01 - Export Summary, 83 Requested, 83 Success, 0 Skipped, 0 Failed. Please see below for more details.

I: 10:55:01 - Offers.xml file has been updated successfully.

I: 10:55:01 - AddIns.xml file has been updated successfully.

I: 10:55:01 - Generated the campaign file.

W: 10:55:01 - No starting area specified for campaign.

I: 10:54:57 - Compiling exported scripts

I: 10:54:57 - PostProcessing

I: 10:54:57 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: tut_combat_injury_lots.plo

I: 10:54:57 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: tut_combat_injury.plo

I: 10:54:57 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: genpt_core_achievements.plo

I: 10:54:57 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: sys_achievements_h.nss

I: 10:54:57 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: sys_lyrium_h.nss

I: 10:54:57 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: sys_injury.nss

I: 10:54:57 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: attributes_h.nss

I: 10:54:57 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: achievement_core_h.nss

I: 10:54:57 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: sys_stealth_h.nss

I: 10:54:57 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: cod_aow_spellcombo9.plo

I: 10:54:57 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: sys_disease.nss

I: 10:54:57 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_mabari_dominance_h.nss

I: 10:54:57 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_swarm_h.nss

I: 10:54:57 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_confusion_h.nss

I: 10:54:57 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_enchantment_h.nss

I: 10:54:57 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_feign_death_h.nss

I: 10:54:57 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_polymorph.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_summon_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_wbomb_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_lyrium_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_rec_knockdown_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_heartbeat_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_test_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_stealth_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_addability.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_conecasting_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_stun_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_regeneration_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_screenshake_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_sleep_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_impact_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_visualeffect_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_ai_modifier_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_root_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_modify_property_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_modify_critchance_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_dispel_magic_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_paralyze_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_daze_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_dot2_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_upkeep_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_disease_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_modify_attribute_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_knockdown_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_modify_mana_stam_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_heal_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_death_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_damage_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_charm_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: vfx_constants_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: ai_threat_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: sys_soundset_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: ui_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: combat_damage_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: sys_resistances_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: items_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effects_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: core_difficulty_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: 2da_data_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_constants_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: combat_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: sys_gore_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: ability_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: design_tracking_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: 2da_constants_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: var_constants_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: autoss_constants_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: tut_control_followers.plo

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: config_h.nss

I: 10:54:56 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: core_h.nss

I: 10:54:55 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: tut_friendly_aoe.plo

I: 10:54:55 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: stats_core_h.nss

I: 10:54:55 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: ai_constants_h.nss

I: 10:54:55 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: effect_resurrection_h.nss

I: 10:54:55 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: sys_rubberband_h.nss

I: 10:54:55 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: rules_h.nss

I: 10:54:55 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: global_objects_h.nss

I: 10:54:55 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: log_h.nss

I: 10:54:55 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: events_h.nss

I: 10:54:55 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: wrappers_h.nss

I: 10:54:55 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: utility_h.nss

I: 10:54:55 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: my_arcane_warrior.uti

I: 10:54:55 - Exporter completed successfully for resource: my_arcane_warrior.nss

I: 10:54:55 - Shared Addin resources will be exported to "C:\Users\Dan\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\addins\arcane_sword\core\override\toolsetexport\".

I: 10:54:55 - Campaign resources will be exported to "C:\Users\Dan\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\addins\arcane_sword\module\override\toolsetexport\".

I: 10:54:55 - Shared resources will be exported to "C:\Users\Dan\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\override\toolsetexport\".

S: 10:54:55 - Starting export: "Export without dependent resources"

I: 10:53:25 - my_arcane_warrior.nss - The resource "my_arcane_warrior.nss" has been checked in.

I: 10:53:10 - my_arcane_warrior.nss - The resource "my_arcane_warrior.nss" has been saved.

I: 10:53:10 - Offers.xml file has been updated successfully.

I: 10:53:10 - AddIns.xml file has been updated successfully.

I: 10:53:09 - Generated the campaign file.

W: 10:53:09 - No starting area specified for campaign.

I: 10:53:09 - Compile successful.

I: 10:53:09 - Compiling my_arcane_warrior.nss...

I: 10:46:01 - my_arcane_warrior.uti - The resource "my_arcane_warrior.uti" has been checked in.

I: 10:43:02 - my_arcane_warrior.uti - The resource "my_arcane_warrior.uti" has been saved.

I: 10:30:53 - my_arcane_warrior.uti - The resource "my_arcane_warrior.uti" has been added.

I: 10:28:39 - my_arcane_warrior.nss - The resource "my_arcane_warrior.nss" has been added.

// All module events

#include "utility_h"

#include "wrappers_h"

#include "events_h"

void main()

{

Log_Events("", ev);

switch (nEvent)

{

{

object oItem = GetObjectByTag("my_arcane_warrior");

UT_AddItemToInventory(R"mage_arcane_warrior.uti",1);

break;

}

default:

{

break;

}

}

}

If you can see something wrong, do tell me.

Of course there are a series of steps prior to this that could be wrong...ugh. Don't know...