Rule over Dragons

Aridyan

Idea pitch: upon defeating Alduin, you become a contender for becoming the overlord of the dragons, as he had been. You have to defeat every dragon you want as part of your 'army', and upon defeat, they will stay at a designated area with the other dragons and fly around/socialize/hunt/sleep when you haven't given them a mission to do. At times you could be set upon by wild or enemy dragons, and you could call your own dragons to battle them. Certain dragons, like Odahviing, could be lieutenants and lead others into battle or on missions.

An idea I've had since I first beat the game, but I have no idea how difficult this would be to make. Still, becoming the Dovah Ulokuun would make the ending of the main quest far more satisfying.

Although the Thu'um of the Dragonborn is strong, the Dragonborn is still mortal, and the dragons would probably only accept an immortal overlord - if they accept an overlord at all. Odahviing is one of two dragons that can be called to aid you in battle, the other being the undead dragon from the Dawnguard DLC. The undead one is actually "conjured" on the ground, which might suggest that he can potentially be summoned underground in a large cave like Blackreach.

The body of the Dragonborn is mortal, but we have been repeatedly told that his or her soul is a dragon's soul, and while we don't know if this has any effect on their mortal body, it eliminates many differences between the Dragonborn and ordinary dragons.