Mods don't work after edit in CS?

backstept

OK so I haven't played oblivion in a while, so I install it (no KOTN or SI this time)

then I install all my favorite mods, and edit a few with the CS so I can get my favorite weapons faster

well, none of the mods that I edited are working and a couple that I didn't edit aren't either

any ideas why a mod that works straight out of the zip file won't work once I change something in the construction set?

Please help! I want to play!

Is your game patched to the latest vesion( 1.20416), Did you install OBSE and any other files some mods need to play?Is your game installed to avoid UAC conflicts if you have Windows Vista and Seven? Do you have a load order conflict?

OK so I haven't played oblivion in a while, so I install it (no KOTN or SI this time)

then I install all my favorite mods, and edit a few with the CS so I can get my favorite weapons faster

well, none of the mods that I edited are working and a couple that I didn't edit aren't either

any ideas why a mod that works straight out of the zip file won't work once I change something in the construction set?

Please help! I want to play!

Did you edit a mod in the CS which requires OBSE (but you didn't launch the CS with OBSE)?

all the mods in question have worked for me previously

I did install the patch from the KOTN disk

none use OBSE

I'm using XP so no UAC issues

I set the load order with OBMM

they only stopped working after I added the items to a cell they weren't in previously (glass knife, eagle sword to ICMarket)

or edited the item properties (moved lich pauldrons to 'tail' slot)

in one instance I had already picked up the sword, left the game, made an edit in the CS, went back in game and the sword was no longer in my inventory

the other mods I didn't tweak were reached with 'coc 'namehere'' and they didn't work

• Oblivion.esm
  • TheFatherSword.esp
  • *Loth's Lich Pauldrons and Harness.esp
  • -No-_persistant_enchantment_glow_fix-1843.esp
  • *Christian's Sword.esp
  • *tda_Armoury Beta v1_2.esp
  • Tyrael Armor.esp
  • *HB Crude Glass Knife.esp
  • *EagleSword.esp

*once worked, edited in CS and no longer work

*no edits but still not working

something else that's wierd is that after I tweaked those mods and loaded a save where they once worked, the game acted like they were turned off and it threw up the 'mod is missing' dialog box on loading a save even though I checked and re-checked that they were active in the file list

all the mods in question have worked for me previously

I did install the patch from the KOTN disk

none use OBSE

I'm using XP so no UAC issues

I set the load order with OBMM

they only stopped working after I added the items to a cell they weren't in previously (glass knife, eagle sword to ICMarket)

or edited the item properties (moved lich pauldrons to 'tail' slot)

in one instance I had already picked up the sword, left the game, made an edit in the CS, went back in game and the sword was no longer in my inventory

the other mods I didn't tweak were reached with 'coc 'namehere'' and they didn't work

• Oblivion.esm
  • TheFatherSword.esp
  • *Loth's Lich Pauldrons and Harness.esp
  • -No-_persistant_enchantment_glow_fix-1843.esp
  • *Christian's Sword.esp
  • *tda_Armoury Beta v1_2.esp
  • Tyrael Armor.esp
  • *HB Crude Glass Knife.esp
  • *EagleSword.esp

*once worked, edited in CS and no longer work

*no edits but still not working

something else that's wierd is that after I tweaked those mods and loaded a save where they once worked, the game acted like they were turned off and it threw up the 'mod is missing' dialog box on loading a save even though I checked and re-checked that they were active in the file list

Okay.... which version of the CS do you have and which version/patch level of Oblivion are you running?