About Kudos

Johssy

Read all my comments bben46.

1. In general, I don't expect kudos, for different reasons. Some members are too "new" and they have other trouble than to think about kudos.

I can estimate the behaviour of others, what they would do. The point is -

2. What's the reaction to an offered help? It's not really difficult to see their real thinking. Is someone really happy or things like that.

3. I don't care what people think about me. If you think I'm a bad guy - that's your point of view. It only shows me that you know next to nothing about me.

(btw - if it's difficult for you to read the blue text - a good solution is to mark it)

_frost_

Unfortunately, the important kudos system has, simply due to gaps in the theory, led to factions within the image sharing community,

Malachi Delacot, however, has pointed to the views as a good feedback alternative. Guess the blocking of counting in the case of own viewing by the authors would be the key to solve a few problems.

Just my 2 cts,

http://www.abload.de/img/anne9hol.gif

@Pushkatu nice words too, but seriously; would you give all your received kudos for "some nice words every once in a while". Think about it.

I know this was directed at someone else, but personally?

Yes, I would.

Basically, it's a dot on a virtual scorecard Vs. a personal comment written for you.

The comment (to me at least) would express more meaning as time would be taken to form it's contents. Even if it's just something like 'thanks for helping'.

Not to put out those who have given a kudos point, I appreciate the gesture as much as anyone - and I say thank you to those that felt I deserve one, for whatever reason it might have been.

The credit pudding is easily overegged, cos if I'd have nothing to say the dot given reflects nothing but dumbness and comfort - a low value action, folks.

I'd call for more than just to push the button as well as a rather meaningless "awesome" (blockbuster of the season; successor of a former 'hello'). One has to make time for it or to let things slide.

http://www.abload.de/img/anne9hol.gif

Nice try ;] but it's not the same.

To give someone only 1 kudos and then never until the end (of my digital life here)- it's like to give someone 1 present for christmas and then never again.

As I've said - nice try Dark0ne :].

@Pushkatu nice words too, but seriously; would you give all your received kudos for "some nice words every once in a while". Think about it.

_frost_

I would not give all my kudos just for some nice words every once in a while, but I would gladly give them if I'd knew that by doing so it would realy matter to someone or it would help someone. And to be honest once you get to know someone for example: AlienSlof with over 1000 kudos or buddah or Bben and I could go on forever would you consider them less good or friendly if their kudos number would be 0? At first when you join, mayby it helps a little having some kudos so that others would know that you are a nice person, but after a while people will know you by your name and by how you have contributed to this community. I know many people that don't have a huge kudos number but are still good and helpfull members of this community. Of course you feel nice every time someone gives you another kudos, but it's not the number that counts, but the feeling it gives you, knowing that the person who gave you a kudos mayby was helped by you. Everyone is free to think what ever they want, so if having more kudos is making you happy, than I hope that you will have as many as you want. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Pushkatu!