Language Changed

rowanmutt

I'm cherry to these forums so please forgive me if this falls under the really stupid questions category. I've been going mod crazy (really the best thing about this game imo) and recently I downloaded a sleugh of mods for my game. Everything is ok except somewhere in one of the mods it changed the local map data to another language (German I believe).

While it has by no means made the game un-playable, I would like to fix it if it's something as easy as replacing the right file. The specifics of the situation is this: When viewing the World map (zoomed all the way out, where you can select a fast travel location), the location names appear correctly in English (such as the Imperial City Market District). However, when viewing the local map (the one that shows you where all the stores and houses are in the district) the map information for the district is in German. So, all the houses and stores still have the proper names, but the district itself is in another language, and all the doors leading out to it are also in another language [so when I'm inside a Fighting Chance for instance, the door out says "Wooden door to (german name for the district)"].

This seems to be persisting for all localized areas. Is there an english version file I can download and replace in my game data to correct this without having to figure out and get rid of whichever mod did it? I really appriciate any help anyone can offer.

To find out the mod that caused this it would help if you could post list of mods you installed when this happened or load order.

I can't really be 100% sure because I really wasn't keeping track, but I'm fairly certain the day it happened I installed:

-DianoArmor2

-NPR Knight Armor

-Syntyche's Cavern

-Tona Clothes and Underwear

-UFF RM Black Exnem Warrior Armor

-Dark Beast Clothes

-Nexon's Armory ENG

-wNew Clothing 1 (rock clothes mod)

Since then the only ones I've left enabled are:

-Dark Beast Clothes

-Nexon's Armory ENG

To find out the mod that caused this it would help if you could post list of mods you installed when this happened or load order.

I can't really be 100% sure because I really wasn't keeping track, but I'm fairly certain the day it happened I installed:

-DianoArmor2

-NPR Knight Armor

-Syntyche's Cavern

-Tona Clothes and Underwear

-UFF RM Black Exnem Warrior Armor

-Dark Beast Clothes

-Nexon's Armory ENG

Since then the only ones I've left enabled are:

-Dark Beast Clothes

-Nexon's Armory ENG

Do you know which version of Nexons Armory you have installed? It's changelist includes mentions that wrong language cell names that were fixed. If you have the latest, perhaps there are still more issues there to be addressed.

Just disabling a mod does not remove it. The texture, meshes and other parts are still installed - ONLY the esp is not started when you start the game.

To completely remove a mod, you must go into all of the other folders an find those parts that were installed and manually remove them. OR, learn to use OMODs with OBMM. The OMOD format allows a one click install of the mod, and a one click FULL uninstall.

A complete mod list would help, Please don't make the mistake of typing in every mod by name.

How to post a Load order list article

http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=295

It's also possible to use a wrong language patch. So if you did not get the proper language patch from the official Bethesda site that could cause the language problem. (Not a good idea to get patches from torrents) If it is the patch, the ONLY solution is to reinstall as patches work totally different from mods (BTW, The unofficial patches are actually mods and not true patches)

This will get you back to vanilla (unmodified game). It does not remove the official patch as that is embedded in the Oblivion.exe. It is completely reversable if you follow the instructions on making a backup of your data folder.

Bben's Oblivion Revert to Vanilla game

http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=340

If the problem is still there, then Here is a link to my complete uninstall/reinstall procedure located in the articles section of the Nexus

http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=240

It allows you to preserve any saves and mods, or remove them completely - your choice.