World cup predictions

MonsterHunterMaster

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who's still left?

Sorry, haven't been paying much attention to it.

WE :woot:

Hehe, yup, Holland :)

and for today it is Germany against Spain, so maybe we can have an epic final, Germany against Netherlands :teehee:

Hehe, yup, Holland :)

and for today it is Germany against Spain, so maybe we can have an epic final, Germany against Netherlands :teehee:

Yeah, that'd be a great party !

Uh-huh, oh yeah, uh-huh ! :woot:

Directly after the Mexico match the above Dutch chearleading squad was put in an Afrikaanse prison for a night... as a cooling due to scandalization... gee! :wacko: Do the boys perhaps look scandalized ? Nope! :woot:

Last nights match between Uruguay and the Netherlands "het my aan die brand gesteek", hence my name Burnagirl, mmm so appropriate I know, nevertheless, besides jumping, screaming and all my

other jollifications both those mentionable and those not, I was left with one realization by the time the match was over, and it's quite simply this ....

Whoever faces the Dutch war machine is in for the fight of their lives ...

To my two zusters, (Linda & Anita) veel succes ...

Btw, I have a theory on the England vs Germany "goal not given" scenario.

This match could have turned out differently though who knows how far England would have advanced if it did, anyway here is my theory ...

I for one just like a lot of others have said that it didn't really matter whether or not the "goal not given" that England DID score really mattered in the end because they lost the match 4 goals to 1 anyway.

Well after some thought, that isn't entirely true ... remember that when the first half of the match ended the score was Germany 2 - England 1.

Just imagine if that goal was given - as it was scored before the first half came to an end - it would have been a half time score of England 2 and Germany 2.

Imagine what the psychological effect that equal scoreline could have produced in the England team - instead of coming out to play 1 goal down in the second half, they could have come out all

cylinders firing hoping to break ahead of the Germans but instead they came out at a mental disadvantage.

This is very very important in any contest and can make or break a team or an indivuduals spirit.

England were simply just not inspired enough, but had it been an equal scoreline, it could have been different ... England could have even won, who really knows.

And it's because of this kind of mistake taking place that "goal line technology" MUST BE implemented in the game.

Too much is at stake to leave it to 1 referee and two linesmen.

Perhaps it should be - 1 referee and 4 linesmen, each linesmen patrolling their half of the field on their side - more eyes means less mistakes.

Anyway, let me get back to watching the Germany vs Spain match ... i'll be sure to add my two cents worth, believe you me !

[snip]

England were simply just not inspired enough, but had it been an equal scoreline, it could have been different ... England could have even won, who really knows.

[snip]

Anyway, let me get back to watching the Germany vs Spain match ... i'll be sure to add my two cents worth, believe you me !

Nobody knows, thus to bother oneself about it is a waste of time; it could yet still have ended 2:5 or somethin' for Germany...

England was simply as paralyzed as Germany was tonight vs Spain 0:1. The winner takes it all, the loser has to fall. His fate is sealed.

For the Germans a few words of comfort.

It was probably already a tactical error to call up those guys that had already tasted the defeat vs Spain two years earlier, e.g. Schweinsteiger. These guys played like old men tonight and exercised a negative influence over the team... from sheer fear.

tot ziens,

_Hannah

Nobody knows, thus to bother oneself about it is a waste of time; it could yet still have ended 2:5 or somethin' for Germany...

England was simply as paralyzed as Germany was tonight vs Spain 0:1. The winner takes it all, the loser has to fall. His fate is sealed.

It was probably already a tactical error to call up those guys that had already tasted the defeat vs Spain two years earlier, e.g. Schweinsteiger. These guys played like old men tonight... from sheer fear.

tot ziens,

_Hannah

That's true, they had to much fear against Spain. But to be honest, the Spain team played a really good game, most time the had the ball and the Germans were running behind them. Not sure but Spain had the ball 60 to 70% of the game?

Yes i'm a little disappointed but the Spain team was the better one and so they have earned it to be in the final.

Paxan

"Nobody knows, thus to bother oneself about it is a waste of time; it could yet still have ended 2:5 or somethin' for Germany..."

Surenas

Agreed, nevertheless, "goal line technology" must be implemented.

Spain were clearly the better team on the day ... I have to admit that they were overwhelmingly brilliant, Germany simply had no answer ... it was

as if they were asleep.

Well at least my neighbors know what I sound like when I scream "wake up" at the top of my lungs.

"Nobody knows, thus to bother oneself about it is a waste of time; it could yet still have ended 2:5 or somethin' for Germany..."

Surenas

Spain were clearly the better team on the day ... I have to admit that they were overwhelmingly brilliant, Germany simply had no answer ... it was

as if they were asleep.

Well at least my neighbors know what I sound like when I scream "wake up" at the top of my lungs.

Germany lost? And here I am thinking It would be Spain...

Go Spain, beat Holland!

Surenas

as if they were asleep.

Germany lost? And here I am thinking It would be Spain...

Go Spain, beat Holland!

Hahahaha dream on brother ....

The atmosphere here in Johannesburg - east to west - right acrosss the Witwatersrand is popping ... almost everyone of Dutch descent in ZA are behind the team,

my Dutch friends and business colleagues are planning some serious parties ... and needless to say no one is going home once the festivities begin.

Ons is Oranje ...

One major road in Johannesburg has had EVERY TREE TRUNK wrapped in orange cloth for kilometers on end, whether or not this is in honor of the Netherlands or not

it's orange and that's what matters.

Van Riebeeck is back ... and even though it's 358 yrs later it's right on time ...

Spain also has a huge following here, their old rivals the Portuguese community (pretty large) are backing them along with a ton of English supporters.

I'm hoping to go to the Finals if our friends from FIFA release some tickets ... but it's going to cost 950 Dollars (US) for a Category 4 seat to 1990 dollars (US) for a Category 1 seat.

If you're in Europe thats approximately 755 Euro's to 1583 Euro's ... and all this for 90 minutes ... hmmmmmmmmmmmm what to do ?

I just want to watch a soccer match not sell my soul, lol.