I have a thought

LordKinoda

"As for the grammar and spelling issue, this would not be fair to those who do not speak English as their native language.."

Or to the genuinely dyslexic either. That said, I've noticed that very often the non-native English speakers use better and more elegant English than those who have it as their native tongue, perhaps because they have to study the language properly.

I've to agree with Vagrant0's remarks. Regarding censorship I'd just like to point to the rules on the neighboring German TES forums, where the first nipples were not yet seen behind the stipulated matte. The Nexus is thus utmost liberal, esp. in dealing with fantasies of singles and still more inexperienced...

http://www.abload.de/img/anne9hol.gif

"As for the grammar and spelling issue, this would not be fair to those who do not speak English as their native language.."

Or to the genuinely dyslexic either. That said, I've noticed that very often the non-native English speakers use better and more elegant English than those who have it as their native tongue, perhaps because they have to study the language properly.

I agree. Only native speakers of English should suffer the ban hammer for violations of grammar and spelling. :thumbsup:

This is a bit off topic but in my experience, neither people in real life, nor on the internet care much about grammar or spelling or any form of verbal expression for that matter. On German boards I see the same thing; basically crap German. I do not know if it is merely a generational thing (perhaps it is) but people seem to have lost respect and/or appreciation for the written word, for subtlety of thought, etc. and the younger they are, the worse it tends to be.

My pet peave is the disappearance of agreement in the English existential: there are/there is.

These days, in American English, 'there is' is used to the virtual exclusion of 'there are' in every context.

'There's a lot of cars in the garage'

'There's a lot of choices.'

When I see this, it drives me mad. Alas, nearly the whole of the USA employs this construction so there is precious little to be done about it.