Shame on you Bioware for making such a defective product as Toolset...

SpellAndShield

Seriously, apart from the fact that it crashes in the middle of doing something often enough, I have had not once but twice 'unable to connect to database' error messages and in searching for solutions (the one I used appears now only to have been temporary) I have seen that many, many people using toolset experience similar and/or identical problems.

I mean this completely seriously: if I were Bioware I would be embarassed by all the problems the great and wonderful toolset has. It is difficult enough to learn the scripting and all that but if it doesn't even work properly, what can you do?

Has there been ANY hint that Bioware would release a 'patched' (as it were) version of toolset?

In the mean time I will have to solve this database connect nonsense AGAIN! :blink:

Seriously, apart from the fact that it crashes in the middle of doing something often enough, I have hada not once but twice 'unable to connect to database' error messages and in searching for solutions (the one I used appear now only to have been temporary) I have seen that many, many people using toolset experience similar and/or identical problems.

I mean this completely seriously: if I were Bioware I would be embarassed by all the problems the great and wonderful toolset has. It is difficult enough to learn the scripting and all that but if it doesn't even work properly, what can you do?

Has there been ANY hint that Bioware would release a 'patched' (as it were) version of toolset?

In the mean time I will have to solve this database connect nonsense AGAIN! :blink:

I feel your pain. And my guess as to whether BioWare will fix it, no. If I remember correcctly, the toolset for KOTOR had similar issues that I don't think was ever addressed. At least my experience with it was not pleasant.

Seriously, apart from the fact that it crashes in the middle of doing something often enough, I have hada not once but twice 'unable to connect to database' error messages and in searching for solutions (the one I used appear now only to have been temporary) I have seen that many, many people using toolset experience similar and/or identical problems.

I feel your pain. And my guess as to whether BioWare will fix it, no. If I remember correcctly, the toolset for KOTOR had similar issues that I don't think was ever addressed. At least my experience with it was not pleasant.

I can't even use the bloody thing now! even though it was working fine last night! and I had ALREADY fixed the SQL problem. (or thought I had).

Imagine if Honda made cars like that. Half the time they broke down in the middle of driving and a decent percentage of the time you couldn't even start the car and had to replace the engine. I mean what the hell is that?!

Now even if I get it to work, what assurance do I have that the next day it won't have the same problem?

I apologise if this is a bit of a rant but it is SO frustrating! :confused:

I can't even use the bloody thing now! even though it was working fine last night! and I had ALREADY fixed the SQL problem. (or thought I had).

Imagine if Honda made cars like that. Half the time they broke down in the middle of driving and a decent percentage of the time you couldn't even start the car and had to replace the engine. I mean what the hell is that?!

Now even if I get it to work, what assurance do I have that the next day it won't have the same problem?

start the server configuration thingy from sql.

make sure all database instances are enabled on all databases.

if they aren't enable them.

if they are exit the configuration manager

start the toolset

should now work (at least it does for me)

start the server configuration thingy from sql.

make sure all database instances are enabled on all databases.

if they aren't enable them.

if they are exit the configuration manager

start the toolset

should now work (at least it does for me)

I just tried this and it didn't work.

I am going to the gym to pump some iron.

At least the Lady of Iron never fails me...

Perhaps I've just been fortunate, but I haven't really encountered any of those issues. My main beef is with so many of the core game mechanics being hard-coded into the game engine, and thereby untouchable to us modders. I also wouldn't mind access to the resources for the expansion and DLCs, though I can somewhat understand their reluctance to do so.

Perhaps I've just been fortunate, but I haven't really encountered any of those issues. My main beef is with so many of the core game mechanics being hard-coded into the game engine, and thereby untouchable to us modders. I also wouldn't mind access to the resources for the expansion and DLCs, though I can somewhat understand their reluctance to do so.

I just googled this: dragon age toolset cannot connect to database

I got over 2000 hits instantly.

I say there is a problem with this piece of crap.

I haven't been able to get it to work for a week, despite doing my best and receiving some outsude help.

I am pretty close to entirely giving up. I think I will just try to learn 3D modelling.... :whistling:

They are good when it comes to stories and character development but not toolsets apparently :dry:. Who knows maybe they are working on it to make it more streamlined for the next DA in development.