ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Uploading files help?

zPar1ahz

Okay, I don't know where I'm supposed to put this since I've never been on this forum before, so if this, I guess, needs to be moved or something then by all means. Now to the topic, I need help on uploading a file properly. I've already created a mod but it doesn't work in-game, in other words it isn't really even activated. I don't even think I uploaded the file right, so I need someone to tell me how to go on about uploading a file.

I thought that was clear enough.. Let me spell it out.

I uploaded a file to the Nexus and it isn't working.

I want it to work.

I think I did not upload it correctly.

So I need to upload it correctly.

How do I properly upload a file?

If that still doesn't make sense, then let's say I need a tutorial, if you will, on how to upload files to the site.

Sounds like your file got corrupted on upload.

I'm guessing its this mod you're talking about?

It's working when you use it in your game, but if you download it from the site it won't work? Corrupted upload, try again.

I haven't uploaded anything to the site yet, but its not exactly rocket science is it? I figure you did everything right, but had the misfortune of having it become corrupted. If it still doesn't work then I don't know.

Well, there is one thing though - do you use stock textures/Meshes for this, or have you made them yourself?

If you made them yourself, you have to include the files in the rar remember. (Seeing as the download is only 2kb)

I didn't use anything new really, just retextured with textures already there. I don't know if this was correctly done, but I sent a zipped version of the folder to my desktop, used 7Zip to extract it, and put it in Fallout 3. Then I uploaded that file, but I don't think that's what I should've done, but I may be wrong.

Well, I just downloaded the mod, and all I can find in it is this file: "fomod1 - Shortcut.lnk"

What you need to do when making a zip file to upload:

Put the esp file in the archive (The zip file)

Then upload the zip file to TESNexus.

You also need to include a ReadMe when uploading a mod. - and also name the esp something that refers to your mod, and not like fomod1.esp. (For Instance NewArmorUshankas.esp or something)

The esp is located in your Oblivion\Data folder (Default location: C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data).

Pack it in a zip/rar archive, and upload the archive. :)