Mark Two Files Released, Finaly.

Nadin

I'm just announcing that the resource files--textures, meshes, MP3's, Etc. for my mod, Fallout 3 Mark Two, have been released.

The file is 1.19 gigabytes in size, so I uploaded it to filefront instead of nexus. I also split it into five files that are united with a .Exe. This was done with the open-source GSP program, and has been scanned with norton. To install the files, put all the .Disk files into one folder along with the .Exe and run it. It should merge them into a file named Data.zip. Open it, follow the filepath until you get to the folder with meshes, textures, etcetera and extract them to the usual location, fallout3/data. Be forewarned it's approximately two and a half gigs uncompressed and contains multiple files such as EVE and DX that may overwrite files you already have.

DL here:

http://www.filefront.com/user/nadinnexus5

If people think the nexus server can take it, I could (Possibly) re-upload here. Also, if I get enough complaints about the .Exe, I might be able to re-upload as a single file, although my bandwidth probably can't handle it. Feel free to do either yourself.

The actual plugins should be completed within about two and a half months and WILL be released on nexus.

Also, I give an in-depth explanation of three features to be released in a future version(That is, not in the first release):

F.A.T.E.: Frequently Annoying or Terrifying Experiences.

Depending on your character's perks, skills, stats, Etc, the player will trigger various random events that can completely change everything in a matter of seconds. For example, if the player has low luck, perception, and agility, they will step on a rusty nail, causing a leg to cripple and most stats to stop until the player removes it and uses a stimpack. Then there is a chance, depending on luck and endurance, to develop tetanus. This will seriously hinder the player until they get to a doctor or use the right medicine, changing the goal from whatever it was to getting to safety NOW. On the other hand, if the player has high luck and perception, they will find a megafusion cell under a pile of dust. Or if they have low endurance and charisma, they get a zit on their nose. It all depends.

And it CAN happen in the middle of combat.

Dynamic gameplay:

Using similar scripts to the one that manages achievements, the game will monitor your playing style and give you unique perks accordingly. This goes hand in hand with fate-- if the player gets hit in the groin by fate, dynamic gameplay give them a unique perk for plus one perception. This adds balance and immersion in a very subtle way, and I'm quite proud of it.

Closer to the original:

We've already added in the weapons from the previous games, and we're changing the rest of the items to fit them as well. But, once I get a few modelers and texture-rs, I'm planning on altering the models in the default fallout 3 to have a more fallout-ish feel. IE, the original concept art for the alien blaster had a transparent chamber with a small...thing...of some kind floating in it. This seemed to fit in much better with the earlier fallouts. (Plus the current alien blaster looks like the pulse pistol.)

Or, another concept art showed what appeared to be a mechanical super-mutant, but turned out to be an enclave soldier in advanced power armor. While I like the current armor in game, there's no reason we can't have a boss from hell with an awesome new armor to go with it.

I probably should have mentioned this earlier, but the mod is an overhaul of epic proportions. Official thread here:

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=197162&st=0

I can personally assure that it will never die. I just bought just cause two, and NV is only a few months away, so it may be slow on the build, but I plan to be developing it beyond fallout 4. Please send me a message if you want to help.