3rd person grabbing cover

Turian3

Happily wandering the wasteland and pondering what to do next I am suddenly attacked by raiders from some distant house. Now my request is could it be possible to find cover possibly with a little animation like in gears of war or mass effect. Insted I am forced to crouch in a slightly ridiculous manner. I believe this would make combat more enjoyable from a third person perspective and add to immersion. Now how feasible is this and would it be possible to mod into the game?

Now my request is could it be possible to find cover possibly with a little animation like in gears of war or mass effect.

No, those other games you mention there have it hardwired into them that those chest-high-walls are meant to hide behind.

Now how feasible is this and would it be possible to mod into the game?

I figure you mean the houses' walls and rocks right. Adding a "You can duck behind here" feature for every place, every rock (and those rocks arent all similiarily placed in the wasteland), every chest-high-wall would be like trying to make that Rain Mod not rain underneath roofing. You also forget about the animation it would require to shoot from said cover.

I say sorry, no such luck.