OK I have tried everything to get toolset to work but nothing works...

Stardusk, what happens with it? Did it install? Do you see it in your Add/Remove Software? If it's not listed in there, something happened with the installation. Is your game patched? If it IS in your Add/Remove Software panel, what happens when you click on the icon? Do you get any error messages? It does take a little while to open, it won't be immediate.

Stardusk, what happens with it? Did it install? Do you see it in your Add/Remove Software? If it's not listed in there, something happened with the installation. Is your game patched? If it IS in your Add/Remove Software panel, what happens when you click on the icon? Do you get any error messages? It does take a little while to open, it won't be immediate.

It's always the same mesage I get: Unable to connect to database.

I have tried multiple solutions but nothing works, at least in a permanent sense; will have a friend try to help me out but this is the final time. So I won't be a modder. I still can start to learn 3D stuff and maybe make some arrangements for importing it later on.

Ok, I had to uninstall my game and reinstall a couple of days ago and I guess I had forgotten to install the toolset so I paid special attention to the installation. I had checks in the top two boxes: Install MS Sql express 2005 sp3 and Restore the default database. Existing DA Toolset databases will be overwritten. And I had a dot in the top circle, Use default database settings. The database server is greyed out and it is .\BWDATOOLSET and the database name is greyed out and it says bw_dragonage_content. I let it do it automatically. I have Windows XP. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling allowing it to do it automatically? I have a feeling you're selecting the custom option?

http://www.ladymoiraine.com/modules/gallery_HoT/albums/album186/fsscr002.jpg

Ok, I had to uninstall my game and reinstall a couple of days ago and I guess I had forgotten to install the toolset so I paid special attention to the installation. I had checks in the top two boxes: Install MS Sql express 2005 sp3 and Restore the default database. Existing DA Toolset databases will be overwritten. And I had a dot in the top circle, Use default database settings. The database server is greyed out and it is .\BWDATOOLSET and the database name is greyed out and it says bw_dragonage_content. I let it do it automatically. I have Windows XP. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling allowing it to do it automatically? I have a feeling you're selecting the custom option?

http://www.ladymoiraine.com/modules/gallery_HoT/albums/album186/fsscr002.jpg

No, mine is exactly like yours; I have done this 5 times already; done SQL manual install, etc. Nothing seems to work. Most of the time I have let things happen automatically. Ah well, it was simply not meant to be....

If you are interested, just google 'tool set cannot connect to database'; you will instantly get thousands of hits, a testament to bioware's sloppiness in this regard.

If you haven't already, check in Task Manager on the "processes" tab and see if sqlwriter.exe and sqlservr.exe are both running. If they are not, your problem is with the MS SQL installation or some setting on your computer is preventing it from running. On my system, they both start when windows starts and run constantly in the background sucking up resources. If I end task on one or the other or both, I get the cannot connect to server error. Might be worth a look.

Have you tried this?

Full manual installation

Manual database installation

Like i said before check if your database is on right server (username\BWDATOOLSET) and configure your toolset Link

Also there is a bug with registry key:Link

I have tried all of this. I have just uninstalled for the 6th time. I will redo all the steps, again...maybe a miracle will happen....